Mac Tool Info

-
:cheers:Thanks T.M.M.! Received the care package,it will work. If you would like some cash,or reembursement,P.M. me.The beefsticks were yummy!

I was in the tool business for 15 years, 9 with Mac, 6 with Snap-On. All the companies have good tools, its your dealer that makes the difference.....

Hey TMM! Not sure if you remember but we had a Coors Light together at Mopars at the Park, it was damn good meeting you!

I was wondering if you could help me out. I broke an 15mm 3/8 drive deep S-K socket the other day and I dont know who to talk to about getting it warrantied. I heard they went out of buisness a couple of years ago, but just heard that MAC or Stanley bought them out.

If not maybe someone on here could point me in the right direction.

BTW the coolest MAC tool I have is a 3-1/2" 1" drive socket. I havent used it in a LONG time but I used it for putting the Drive gear on a Caterpillar Pneumatic asphalt Roller.

I should post a pic of that big hog

Like 383Duster and lowbudget said: I have been in business for 23 years now and the tool man and the service he provides is what makes the difference. tmm

Hey TMM! Not sure if you remember but we had a Coors Light together at Mopars at the Park, it was damn good meeting you!

I was wondering if you could help me out. I broke an 15mm 3/8 drive deep S-K socket the other day and I dont know who to talk to about getting it warrantied. I heard they went out of buisness a couple of years ago, but just heard that MAC or Stanley bought them out.

If not maybe someone on here could point me in the right direction.

BTW the coolest MAC tool I have is a 3-1/2" 1" drive socket. I havent used it in a LONG time but I used it for putting the Drive gear on a Caterpillar Pneumatic asphalt Roller.

I should post a pic of that big hog

Hey Racingduster, That Coors tasted good didn't it! lol SK did go out of business and was re opened when it got bought by Ideal Industries. You can use this link to find a dealer near you. tmm http://www.skhandtool.com/dealer-locator.aspx

Thanks buddy! Ill look into it.

P.S. Im originally from Mason City. Dad got a better job so we moved up here in 86. But we still have alot of friends and family there.Is that close to you?

Thanks buddy! Ill look into it.

P.S. Im originally from Mason City. Dad got a better job so we moved up here in 86. But we still have alot of friends and family there.Is that close to you?

I'm about 80 miles south east in Waterloo. tmm

I used to buy a lot of tools from Mac Tools. Then my distributor had ordered for me a bushing press tool that was in their new products sale flyer. He put it on my acount & I had paid for it in full prior to it coming in($250). His excuse was it was back ordered becuase they had taken too many orders for it & ran out & if I wanted it I should pay for it to secure my spot when it came off b/o. After 2+ months I decided to change jobs & go to another dealership closer to home & he assured me he would ship it out to me when it came in. Another 2 months go by & after him not returning my calls I had to call one of my buddies when I knew he was there, had him put him on & ask him where was my tool? He gave me some BS that he shipped it & must have used the wrong address. Funny all my receipts had the right address on them! Long story short he screwed me & went out of business shortly there after. So I contacted the area Mac Tools manager & he refused to help me telling me it was a deal between me & my former dealer. So I will NEVER buy another tool from MAC!! Poorest excuse for customer service I've ever experienced from a company. I know there are a lot of good tool dealers out there but the corporation needs to support its customer better than that!

This story makes me feel even better for the straight trade i did for one of the mac 1/2, 3/8 interchangeable impact gun in exchange for a junk habor freight impact. I traded, had him bill me on my account and changed jobs before he came back around. Last time I ever dealt with MAC.

-
Back