machine shop Seattle, WA area?

-

66 Barracuda

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a good machine shop in or around Everett/lynnwood/seattle/marysville, WA? I need to have a block bored/matched to pistons.

Thanks guys.

I had some good work done through Stilly Auto the NAPA store in Arlington. Talk to Mike if you stop in there.

If you're willing to go a little south, there's Performance Engine Development in Puyallup. They're a little more expensive, but they do the job right. They do a lot of the big name guys in the area (racing and street stuff).

I was referred to DG Machine in Auburn and was satisfied. Here's a link to their web site that's under construction. Guess they're busy racing: http://www.dgdragparts.com/index.html
Looks like they race Chevy stuff, but they do everything from 4-cyls to big blocks, stock to race. They did a great job on my block, crank, and head. I had new valves back-cut by them, and they touched up the 45 angle for free. They said they don't trust off the shelf machining. The cylinders were spot on with no out-of-round or taper that I could measure down to .0001". I guess it should be that way, but Mopar allows .001" for fresh parts. I'll go back to them.

Where ever you go just make sure that they do everything in house and do not send stuff out to Waterhouse in Tacoma. My buddy used to work for them and the horror stories the can tell!

I had my Satellite's 383 done at Fosters Machine in White Center, yeah scary place i know, but i was happy with it. Dang i wish i hadnt sold that car.

Hi guys, I know this is an old thread but wanted to refresh it if possible.
I am looking for recommendations for machine shops in the North Seattle area.
I live on the Eastside and C & D machine shop is in Kirkland Wa and wondered if anyone had any experience with them or Action Machine in Shoreline or had any changes in recommendations for shops in Seattle area from those above.
Thanks.

Action machine is pretty pricey, I've had a good experience with Bud's In Lynnwood, If you need to press something on or off feel free to come on over, I've got the 20 ton.

If you're willing to go a little south, there's Performance Engine Development in Puyallup. They're a little more expensive, but they do the job right. They do a lot of the big name guys in the area (racing and street stuff).

these guys are chevy folks. my dad had his 383 freshened up between seasons by them. the car went 11.80s before rebuild and went 12.50 after rebuild. this was 8 yrs ago but that is what we got out of them. cope brothers does good work. Water house machine went out of business recently or i would have recommended them.

I know this is an old thread but action auto are cool guys and do great work !! If you want it done right use them !
Jays automotive in everett does a god job and is very reasonable !

I know this is an old thread but action auto are cool guys and do great work !! If you want it done right use them !
Jays automotive in everett does a god job and is very reasonable !

x2 Jay's is awesome, they let me walk up in there and use the press several times, even helped me out for free. Great guys. Next engine work will go to them.

-
Back