Mad Max......

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Sitting here watching Mad Max, The Road Warrior.......what kind of car was Mad Max driving, it was an Australian Ford Falcon, correct? What year was it?

Sitting here watching Mad Max, The Road Warrior.......what kind of car was Mad Max driving, it was an Australian Ford Falcon, correct? What year was it?
the 'story notes' versions?
Awesome stuff:thumbup:

saw this during the original Mad Max: they spent $35,000 building Max's car ("the last of the V-8 interceptors") which was over 3 times Mel Gibson's salary for the movie (safe to say he had a few better paydays later in his career lol)

I was watching that for a while today too Doug. Last time I saw it was when I was a kid.

the 'story notes' versions?
Awesome stuff:thumbup:

saw this during the original Mad Max: they spent $35,000 building Max's car ("the last of the V-8 interceptors") which was over 3 times Mel Gibson's salary for the movie (safe to say he had a few better paydays later in his career lol)
Yep, the story notes version.
I was watching that for a while today too Doug. Last time I saw it was when I was a kid.
Have not seen it since I was a teenager. I remember arguing with all the local gear heads in my town about the blower being turned on and off. It is also what got me interested in Cattle Dogs....

Have not seen it since I was a teenager. I remember arguing with all the local gear heads in my town about the blower being turned on and off. It is also what got me interested in Cattle Dogs....

Yeah I love how he would turn off the blower to save gas. LOL

Supposedly, Moneywood is committing another travesty and are going to attempt to remake Mad Max. Personally, I think they would be better off sticking their heads in the blower and having Max turn it off and then on again. Repeatedly.

Edit: Apparently, I was a little off base. The movie is in post-production with a release date of sometime this year, but it apparently is supposed to be a sequel and not a remake or reboot.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392190/

Just saw a show this weekend. My classic car. He interviewed this guy who built the MFP pursuit and Max's interceptor ( road warrior version) reproductions. Also redid the blues mobile. Anyway they had this cheesy mounting sitting just above the 302s carb to support the blower and injection hat. They had an a/c clutch under the hood to run the blower. That way it and the engine w ere one. The switch was for the old 2 speed rear ends ford and IH. Used to use in there mid size work trucks.

Supposedly, Moneywood is committing another travesty and are going to attempt to remake Mad Max. Personally, I think they would be better off sticking their heads in the blower and having Max turn it off and then on again. Repeatedly.

Edit: Apparently, I was a little off base. The movie is in post-production with a release date of sometime this year, but it apparently is supposed to be a sequel and not a remake or reboot.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392190/

Tom Hardy?

facepalm.gif

The original Toyota MR2's had a blower that worked on an A/C clutch system. Not sure how it bypassed the supercharger at low rpm.

My supercharged Buick runs an Eaton M90 with a bypass. Neat set-up, and I can get 32 MPG if cruising @ 70-75 on I-90 between Moses Lake to Spokane

"You should see the damage, bronze. Huh? metal damage, brain damage. Heheheh. You listen bronze. I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller! I'm the Nightrider, baby...."

Saw a stocker at a car cruise a couple years ago...see the bottom picture...looked great.

Paul

Attachments

• nightrider.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 211
  • FordFalcon.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 217
I read along time ago that it was a Holden with a blown 455 pontiac in it.

I read somewhere that Mel had been cast in a small roll named simply "The Drifter" but I don't see him listed in the credits on imdb.com, so who knows? I guess they decided that he wouldn't be credible as Max anymore.

-
Back