Made a call to Edelbrock today.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
First question was is the Edelbrock Victor small block head program discontinued or will we see them produced again?

Tom’s answer was there are plans to produce the heads again in 2023

2nd question. I told him guys are waiting with cash in hand for small block Mopar Victor340 intake manifolds. I asked when these will be available again.

These sound like we have a better, earlier chance of seeing these.

We talked for about 10 minutes and they, like many others are struggling to get raw materials. I’ve had my eyes on Victor heads for a long time and would probably buy, port, and put up for sale a Victor340 intake if I could get one. Just passing on some info.

I talked to them about probably 6 months ago about Victor intakes( before I pulled the trigger and bought a used one from a member here) and they told me back then that the manifold wasn’t on the schedule which is usually an indication it won’t get made in the next 6 months.
I asked how long, he said at least a year , maybe longer. Couldn’t pin him down
Wasnt what I wanted to hear, thus began looking for a used one.
I think since they moved down South from the West coast, it has caused extra issues.

John, you might maybe give Jack a call at Valley performance and machine( the shop I use) he has those heads on that 371 inch dyno mule that won that competition we talked about on the other board.
Maybe he will sell them off that motor?

Trouble getting aluminum? I know of about 4 recyclers local to me that have 30 foot mountains of crushed soda cans and hundreds of lbs coming in daily to feed the scavengers 5-10lb a day sales habit. Intakes don't have to be heat treated like a cylinder head so cast 'em with this plentiful 3004 scrap? Edelbrock states they use U.S. sourced material.

The heads are oos? Dang, I really want aluminum small block heads.

Most scrap non ferrous scrap metals are shipped to China or India. EPA has clamped down on smelting them. Plus china is more lenient on purity of the scrap. Scrap is not washed before smelting and you can imagine the off gases from motor blocks and trans carcasses and the such. There was a smelter in Milwaukee at united recycling. They would throw whole transmissions into it, set it off when the went home for the night so no one would see the black smoke at night. Then come in the morning, pour ingots and rake out the remaining iron. That ended in the early 90’s.

I guess crashing the numbers and the high cost of intakes now it’s hard to spend 350.00 and port one expecting to make 300.00 for your efforts it’s a hard sell expecting to sell one for 650.00 plus todays shipping.

I hope not but you never know.
Hey so that is a single plane intake for racing right? Like torker 340? And yeah it appears once Summits stock is depleted who knows when they will get more? My recent experience with Summit is Brake Drums for my 70 Swinger 340. They had a "replacement opart number" part and I ordered it back in August. They said mid Sept that they would ship Oct 10, then they didnt ship. they asked if i wanted to wait, i said yes because its a project car not an emergency but now its saying April 23 ship date. I figure they are getting he brake drums from overseas, and who knows what's going on. "Supply chain issues" seems to be the excuse. It used to be }COVID" was the excuse. But anyway August till April for 2 brake drums. Price was right though :)

Barnett Performance lists them at $422.98 (racers account discount) “shipped OTD” but they have none in stock. Best pricing I’ve seen anywhere.

34CB8586-4C86-4FD1-AB4C-5D448DAFC819.jpeg

I guess crashing the numbers and the high cost of intakes now it’s hard to spend 350.00 and port one expecting to make 300.00 for your efforts it’s a hard sell expecting to sell one for 650.00 plus todays shipping.

I can’t do valve jobs, add, and post at the same time very well. It’s more like 460.00 plus tax, 300.00 port work so 760.00 plus shipping not 650.00. I better stay after school today.

Although right now we can save 10% with a code.

-
Back