Magnetic Motors - The end of gasoline?

-

65s

Reaction score
Alternative fuels? Who needs them. Here comes the Magnetic Motor. No fuel required! Apparently there's one you can buy in Japan for $5000.

Well it's an old idea really - http://freeenergynews.com/Directory/Howard_Johnson_Motor/index.html - but now it's a reality.

Magnetic Motorbike
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trws3k9vq6M&feature=related

Free Energy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvB3PiPBozU

Magnetic Motors on Geek.com
http://www.geek.com/super-energy-efficient-magnetic-motors/

More links:
http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Magnet_Motors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFGiWiXMHn0&feature=related

you all this can happen....but many will lose money becasue of investing in oil, but if you are correct gas will go down becasue more will go into this or it will just fail like the hydrogen car did in the early 90's

Something has to power it. Are they (supposedly) using permanent magnets to make this thing go?

Magnetic/Electric propulsion has been around for quite awhile. It has been used in forklifts going back as far as the early 50's. I worked for Hyster forklifts for 11 yrs. as a mechanic specializing in electric powered units and was lucky enough to attend about a dozen factory training seminars with some very smart instructors. The early units weren't very efficient but the last models I worked on (3-4 yrs. ago) were decent. Nevertheless they weren't anywhere close to what this guy claims although his is entirely magnetic propulsion which could be more efficient. I'm not a magnetic motor expert by any means but I do have to agree with the college that said if this works several laws of physics will have to be re-written because generally speaking there is no such thing as free energy except solar power. I would love to see it work so we all can all get farther away from foreign oil dependence but I have a hard time believing that it produces more power than it consumes.

BTW: Do you ever watch Pass Time on the speed channel? About a month ago there was a guy there that ran his totally electric S-10 pickup that he built from a forklift drive system. I knew electric motors have alot of potential now but my jaw about hit the floor when he ran low 11's.

If this gets off the ground without the oil companies interference,then yes it will be the absolute answere to all energy needs.

Imagine what will happen when it becomes refined enough to work with the earths magnetic fields...

Yeah. I saw that Pass Time. Fast lil truck. Doesn't mean I want to drive one though:violent1:

I hope everyone but MOPAR lovers go to them, so we can have the gasoline! Keep 'er safe................rick

Wow. If demand goes down that much will Sunoco/CAM2 purple be 50¢ a gallon?

I saw in a popular mechanics mag a while back some ol boy in Britan converted a little dinky British car to run on compressed air. No lie. I said air. He claims that he is going to make conversion kits for numerous applications. Wonder if he has one for my dads 78 454 chevy 1 ton? All I can say is you better get one hell of an air tank.....

I'm starting to give serious thought to building an alcohol motor and run the risk of producing my own fuel. Henry Ford was onto something until Rockefeller made the brilliant play with the Suffragettes.

Some guy displayed a device at a Tesla symposium in 1998 (I think) that produced 10kW and allegedly used nothing but springs for kinetic (or more correctly "potential") storage. Whatever the solution, it will be different from anything currently in place and we'll have to find new ways to make it faster.

I sure wish the first two laws of thermodynamics were required reading in schools these days. I have this conversation at work all the time. "This car does not need gasoline, it runs on <insert miracle alt fuel of the week here> ". If people understand that "power out" will be less than equal to "energy in" no matter what you do and you cant make power from thin air, hucksters like this guy would have to get honest jobs selling insurance or something.

My $0.02 -LY

This guy does not appear to be a huckster by any means thus far.

The same kind of remarks were stated about most great inventors, and with time, we knew better........Even our established laws of physics are not complete truth...we have a LOT to learn about everything.........

Nearly every month sees scientists baffled by some new discovery of those same laws being challenged, especially by what they observe in space.....

Time will tell about this motor.........I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Even with this motor I don't think the price of gas will come down. The oil producers will just produce less oil, keeping the supply down and the price up.

If the law of physics says whatever output you get you must have equal or greater input, then how does a magnet work?

All my life I've played with magnets. There is energy there, so where is the input? I can hold a magnet up to my fridge and feel the power as it sucks to the metal. I don't plug it in, pour gas into it or hook it to a solar panel. It's just there, like magic.

Excllent points all, gents.

As for the fridge magnet, remember that force is not the same thing as energy. While a rock sitting on top of something is applying force, it does not have the ability to do work, which is the definition of energy. Once a rock is done rolling down a hill or a magnet has completed it path to being attracted to another pole, it has finished doing its work. In order to switch the pole, move the magnet back to start or the rock to the top of the hill, you have to put more engergy back into the environment. Sadly, entropy demands that every time you do this you will loose a little. 3-cheers to doubters and inventors, but *something* has to be providing energy to the environment to "reset" the magnets in the process. Anyone who can find one, single crack in the laws of conservation of matter/energy or entopy will be so rich they can actually afford one of those hemi-mopers we all drool over! -LY

................and this could be the guy.

Just like Einstein, Bell, etc.......although they never cashed in as they should have........

This could be the very guy.

Time will tell.

........and if you remove the magnetic fields from the Earth, what would happen? Have they ceased to do their work in their current circumstance of existence, like the magnet on steel theory? Energy, as we define it to be in our present limited understanding, may be in all actuality MUCH more than meets the human brain. :read2:

I had a roommate in college who was obsessed with building a magnetic motor. But from the article it doesn't seem like anything more than a fairly efficient version of an electric motor.

Many great inventions are "stumbled" upon while the inventor is working on something else.

I hope this is the end of slavery to the oil companies...

Some very good points here and I would love to see gas down to .50 a gallon too but as Hemipar said they will more than likely just cut way down on production so they have a excuse to keep the prices high. If you've noticed lately fuel prices have risen and risen even though there have been times where the price per barrel of crude came down substantially. This past week is a good example of oil price dropping. I heard on the news that this week oil the highest percentage of any time in history. IIRC it went to $147.50 week before last and by this Thursday it had dropped to $127 per barrel. That's approx a 14% drop. That should lower $4.10 gas to $3.52 but I doubt we'll see anything like that. Probably lucky if it goes lower than $4 per gallon.

Sorry I got off track of the original post but it is related.

330% efficient? OK, fair enough. Lets start with 100 watts input into one motor, then and see what we get. 100 Watts in will then produce 330 watts out which we could then split up to run 3 more of these motors with 100 watts a piece with 30 watts left over. At two levels of magnitude we have gone from 100 watts to over a kW. At this rate it would not be long before we have enough juice to run Doc Brown's Flux Capicitor! Under the standard model of physicis this flies in the face of the first two fundamental axioms that govern every unit of energy and every particle of matter in the universe. My point? If this guy is for real then he had better be prepared to produce verifiable, repeatable evidence on demand. Till then I'm sorry but I'll have to stik with "huckster". I'll be first in line to aplogize if I am wrong.

GREAT SCOTT Marty! -LY

i did find out in my two wasted hours of reading that this is not new,,,,been around since 2004..........and like some one else said the other one is from 1998....i did find one instance that did seem to function..but not without outside help.....( additional energy)

-
Back