Magnum 360 Head Gaskets

-

octanejunkie

Mopar Padawan
Reaction score
So I am planning my 360 magnum build and started to look for head gaskets to plug into my comp ratio calc - cannot find too many head gaskets at Summit, and most of the ones I do find are OEM replacements w/o specs like bore dia and compressed thickness

I need a proper head gasket for a magnum block to use with magnum heads and obviously I want all the dimensions and details too (is that asking too much?)

Not looking to spend $100 each for gaskets either...

Thanks in advance

So I am planning my 360 magnum build and started to look for head gaskets to plug into my comp ratio calc - cannot find too many head gaskets at Summit, and most of the ones I do find are OEM replacements w/o specs like bore dia and compressed thickness

I need a proper head gasket for a magnum block to use with magnum heads and obviously I want all the dimensions and details too (is that asking too much?)

Thanks in advance

Felpro makes a gasket Part Number 519SD "SUPER DUTY" Compressed thickness is .054 The bore is 4.172, I know because I just used Two sets. The price is right around $60.00 a pair and I bought them from ROCK AUTO online. Hope this helps.

Felpro makes a gasket Part Number 519SD "SUPER DUTY" Compressed thickness is .054 The bore is 4.172, I know because I just used Two sets. The price is right around $60.00 a pair and I bought them from ROCK AUTO online. Hope this helps.

I found a set of Edelbrock gaskets too, EDL-7327, they are 4.140 x .048 - I was looking for more options regarding bore and thickness to tune my compression ratio but it seems there aren't too many for some reason - which is why I love chevy stuff, millions of options

I bought mine at O'Reillys, they are very nice Felpros, don't know the thickness, but there not too thick, they were 17.99 each (part # 9898PT), or you can get the head gasket kit for 76.99 (part # HS9898PT1). Alot better then paying 60.00 for just head gaskets.

I believe you can use the Mopar point oh twentysomething thick head gaskets (thinking .024 compressed thickness), they were under $40 a couple of years ago. Not sure on the bore diameter.

Thanks in advance

oh my truck I run felpro 1008, I know many of dakota guys running these gaskets.

Can 360 head gaskets be interchanged between LA and magnum builds?

Specifically magnum block and magnum heads using a non-magnum specific gasket

the mp .028 head gasket is the same as Mr Gasket 1121 head gasket...

.028 thickness and 4.14 bore.

I bought mine at O'Reillys, they are very nice Felpros, don't know the thickness, but there not too thick, they were 17.99 each (part # 9898PT), or you can get the head gasket kit for 76.99 (part # HS9898PT1). Alot better then paying 60.00 for just head gaskets.

Depending on the type of build your answer that they are not too thick will not be sufficient enough. If someone has pistons out of the hole or above deck like my build was by .016 to.018 then just slapping on a gasket will not work. There could be MAJOR problems like pistons smacking the heads. Paying a little more to get the correct clearances and compression is a must!

Can 360 head gaskets be interchanged between LA and magnum builds?

Specifically magnum block and magnum heads using a non-magnum specific gasket

Wouldnt matter because the HEAD will not allow oiling because there is no oil hole in the head so you could use standard LA gaskets no problem. The oiling provision in the gasket will just not be used.

FYI the gaskets that I used 519sd's are magnum based gaskets with oil holes in them for LA heads/blocks also. I used them on LA block with LA heads.

I used LA gaskets on my magnum headed 360. I used the Fel Pro 1008. They have a 4.180 bore and a 0.039 compressed thickness and cost $35.95 at Summit.

the mp .028 head gasket is the same as Mr Gasket 1121 head gasket... .028 thickness and 4.14 bore.

Thanks for the info, noted

Wouldnt matter because the HEAD will not allow oiling because there is no oil hole in the head so you could use standard LA gaskets no problem. The oiling provision in the gasket will just not be used.

FYI the gaskets that I used 519sd's are magnum based gaskets with oil holes in them for LA heads/blocks also. I used them on LA block with LA heads.

BINGO! That is the correct answer, for me at least...

Depending on the type of build your answer that they are not too thick will not be sufficient enough. If someone has pistons out of the hole or above deck like my build was by .016 to.018 then just slapping on a gasket will not work. There could be MAJOR problems like pistons smacking the heads. Paying a little more to get the correct clearances and compression is a must!

hey let's not get too technical here with numbers and stuff ;) not too thick is not too thick

I used LA gaskets on my magnum headed 360. I used the Fel Pro 1008. They have a 4.180 bore and a 0.039 compressed thickness and cost $35.95 at Summit.

Thanks again Dave, so noted

Great answers people, I think I got what I think I needed to know - for now :cheers:

-
Back