magnum headers

-

Moparmal

Banned
Reaction score
Just wondering - Did the "magnum" roller cam V8 make it into any passenger cars - or only trucks?

If it did, do they make an aftermarket header for them?:read2:

The LA headers work on the magnum engines. I've got a set of Hooker Comp headers on my car.

Oddly, however, the 340 manifolds don't seem to fit right on the magnum heads.

They also put them in the Jeep Grand Cherokee. After market headers do bolt up to them. Intakes are the problem. There are only a few intakes out there that will work on the magnum heads because the mounting holes are different. I am running them on an LA block. I love them.

Just wondering - Did the "magnum" roller cam V8 make it into any passenger cars - or only trucks?

If it did, do they make an aftermarket header for them?:read2:

Like said above, the closest it came to passenger cars was the Jeep Cheerokee trucks.

As far as headers, no one I know of has made a specific header for the port shape the Magnum heads have. In fact, like normal, typical aftermarket companies just use the old X,J etc.... port shape on what ever header is being made for what ever use on the header design.

The most important part of the header is the top half of the pipe that meets the head. The bottom portion is not as important. I have this issue as well with the Edelbrock heads. The bottom of the port is not like the X head.

I'm running TTI LA headers on my Magnum in the Barracuda.

You can also get your Magnum heads drilled and tapped for the LA intakes.

I have a 408 Magnum stroker with Edelbrock Air Gap (Magnum) and pretty much all the intrenals for a LA 360 minus valve train, the heads are Hughes Iron Ram drilled for both LA and Magnum intakes.

I got a 94 truck engine for free, with this setup I'm using a SCAT 4" rotating assemby (SCAT rods and KB forged pistons), with the roller cam, lifters and Magnum rockers. If I would have had a LA to use, I would have gone that way.

-
Back