Magnum Heads with LA Valve covers

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
I've read a few posts on other sites that its recommended I should be running a MP valve cover gasket to prevent leaks. Well no dealership has the gasket and Summits are on back order. Not to mention they are $60. So with that being said those of you that run this same set up what are you using? I want to make sure I dont have any leaks. I was thinking of picking up a set of Felpro rubber gaskets.

The MPs are the only ones I know of that will not leak 100%. There may be others but I dont know. You wanna ***** about 60 bucks for valve cover gaskets that'll last the rest of your life? That's funny.

Well its not that but the fact that when I called a Dodge Dealership only 3 dealerships in the country had a set.. I called one of them and they didnt have them. So its a matter of finding them also.. If I cant find them Im wondering what others are using.

Well they are LA valve cover gaskets. They ain't made that engine in a while.

get on ebay there are a few vendors selling them or for a little extra buy a complete engine set.

LA valve cover gaskets all day long on Summit.

You can get anything from steel core silicone reusable ones to standard junk cork.

Just be sure to use some RTV on the holes that you skip and you'll be ok.

For what it's worth, I'm using these with some load spreaders on the bolts with stamped steel covers that are straight, that don't have sunken bolt holes.-

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-7592

They are steel core, fiber/rubber composite, don't need or use placement tabs because of the steel core that keeps them from curving and they are nice and thick, so you get good cushion for variation and clearance for oddball intake manifold stuff. They do good on the ends where rubber and cork fail and hey, they're almost the price of a pair of cork ones from AutoZone.

Less than half the price of most steel core and aren't entirely rubber, so heat won't shrink the crap out of them and crack them like rubber ones.

-
Back