Magnum intakes for the street

-

Brad54

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to buy a Magnum for an off-topic vehicle ('76 Power Wagon... no, I don't want to go to a truck site, thanks).
It's a toss-up between the 318 and the 360. It'll be a stock reman engine, and I'll figure out what year I need to get for the best cam, etc.
But right now, I'm looking at intake manifolds, and there are basically two options: M1 Dual Plane, and Edelbrock Air Gap dual plane.

The M1 is rated from 0-6000rpm, and the Edelbrock is 1,500-6,500rpm.

For a truck that will occasionally see off-road duty, I want the lowest torque curve. HOWEVER, the M1 design looks like Edelbrock intakes from the '60s! Specifically, the C4B and F4B--these were the first aftermarket intakes, and are pre-Performer and Performer RPM.

Does anyone have experience comparing these two intakes to see which has the fatter numbers down low?

I know the M1 is rated for idle to 6,000 and the Air Gap is 1,500-6,500, but if the Air Gap makes 105hp at 1,000rpm, and the M1 makes 95 at 1,000rpm, it makes sense to get the Air Gap.

However, I have not been able to find anyone who has compared the two.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
-Brad

M1 duel plane, it will make good low end torque, or drill the heads for LA style intake.

Put a add in the wanted sections, I picked a M1 single plane that only had dyno time on it for like $150.00

Your intake manifold choices for a "Magnum" engine are as followed;

MoPar M1 in a single or dual plane
Edelbrock
Hughes engines dual plane
Crosswinds dual bolt pattern intake which will work on both LA heads and Magnum heads. It is a Edelbrock knock off.

Since this is a truck, use a dual plane.

-
Back