Magnum M1 intake mod??

-

/6Duster

Reaction score
I cannot get my 670 Holley Avenger to fit the M1 intake P5007381
I am thinking about grinding out the are marked in the attached pic for the linkage to clear the intake.
Any thoughts or ideas apreciated
20170320_131812.jpg
20170320_131925.jpg

I have never seen it ground out for clearance. It looks like, you have the meat available to do it, but I do not know for sure. Most times, I see a 1 inch spacer for clearance. That intake Is made for Carter's or Edelbrock's.

I did go looking into the port on the side of the intake found it was for coolant . Knowing this and checking the passage to be just above the hole I will be using a 1/2" spacer with small massage of intake
20170321_210805.jpg

Hello from the future. This is the one and only post I've found that addresses the function of that 2nd water port in the M1 dualplane.
I'll be installing a MP 5.9 Magnum in my truck soon and have been wondering if people have utilized that water port. Is it meant to return coolant somewhere that's not pressurized? If its plugged the carb heat simply deadheads under the thermostat may take longer to warm up.

If the coolant port beside carburetor is plumbed to heater core it will promote warm up of the carburetor I install the tap then I could turn on and off the flow or deadhead if I didn't want heater and carb to warm up

If the coolant port beside carburetor is plumbed to heater core it will promote warm up of the carburetor I install the tap then I could turn on and off the flow or deadhead if I didn't want heater and carb to warm up
That routing makes perfect sense. Especially for a street car/ truck.

-
Back