Magnum motors

-
Fishy is right. The motor provides vacuum for the booster. One question I did come up with tho, will I need to change my manual steering, or do I try to bypass the PS pump with a NON PS setup?

j

The new pump probably won't work since it's for rack and pinion. I can't remember the diff. but I remember reading they are different. If you can adapt the old style pump to bolt to the magnum engine and use the serpentine pulley it should work ok. Might be a challenge doing that though. You might contact one of the steering companies and see if they could give you a a better idea of how to do it.

I do not have that problem as my engine came out of a 4wd which in '95 had geometrical steering like all the mopars have, that and my car has factory powersteering i will just have to check the pressure the Magnum PS pump creates compared to the original steering box (i dont want it to blow all the seals)

The new pump probably won't work since it's for rack and pinion. I can't remember the diff. but I remember reading they are different. If you can adapt the old style pump to bolt to the magnum engine and use the serpentine pulley it should work ok. Might be a challenge doing that though. You might contact one of the steering companies and see if they could give you a a better idea of how to do it.
I'll have to take a look-see at the Dak to see if it has R&P steering, or a gear box. Thanks for the heads up.

j

All 2 wheel drive have racks.

4X4 1999 and back had steering boxs. 4x4 2000 and up have racks.

hmmm...if that's the case, I'll have to use the PS pump on my Dak ( 98 4X4 ) with the 5.9 ( 2K R/T ) and maybe adapt...

j

-
Back