Not open for further replies.

Jadaharabi

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a mild roller in the .500 lift range for a 5.9 with 308 heads with 2.02/1.60 valves and 1.5 rockers. Stock 98 short block.
To be used in a two wheel drive, automatic pickup.

Looking for a mild roller in the .500 lift range for a 5.9 with 308 heads with 2.02/1.60 valves and 1.5 rockers. Stock 98 short block.
To be used in a two wheel drive, automatic pickup.
How soon are you looking? I’ve got a Oregon cams regrind 722 that I’ll be replacing in the next couple months for a bigger one.

Jake

Just wondering how you are going to oil the topend with that combo. Did you drill the block?

Just wondering how you are going to oil the topend with that combo. Did you drill the block?
Good point. I skimmed over the part where he said he is using 308 heads. Wonder if he is running LA style 308 heads and rocker arms?

It is an 89 motor that came from the factory with a roller and 308 heads.

Pre magnum head motor it oils thru the block.

Good point. I skimmed over the part where he said he is using 308 heads. Wonder if he is running LA style 308 heads and rocker arms?

Yes LA 308 going with the stock rockers and pushrods for now. Later I'll switch to 1.6 ratio rockers.

It is an 89 motor that came from the factory with a roller and 308 heads.

Pre magnum head motor it oils thru the block.
An 89 block will be fine; proceed with stock lifters. First post in your thread said 98 model year.
So now, are you looking for a cam with around .500" lift with 1.5 ratio LA rockers, or one with around .500" lift with Magnum 1.6 ratio?
Be careful asking for a Magnum cam as some are not drilled for LA oiling. The oil goes through the camshaft journals. Many of the aftermarket Magnum cams have the oil holes to work with either setup, but most cams reground from a Magnum core won't have them.

500 with 1.5 ratio.

Will probably do the full-time oiling to the block Passage and block off the cam bearings.
But if the cam does not already have the hole there that serves the same purpose as blocking off the cam bearing.
I claim old age dyslexia on that 98 and 89 number switch. Sorry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back