Main cap girdles re-discussed

-
Not that I'm aware of.
Well, there you go then.
People can hypothesize, but until someone has some real world testing of the various girdle configurations, then it's just all hypothetical.

Maybe....but has anyone posted any hard data on the subject?
Before and after pics of using one, etc?

Why don’t you post up some hard evidence that a stud girdle actually did something?

Have you ever used one? Have you ever installed one? I have. I can.

There were times where I did install them. Once you see one or two come back in you realize you just trick fucked your self.

At this point in my life I will NEVER do a stud girdle. I’m in the position now where I will tell any ****** to kick rocks.

Once again, your fantasy can never touch my reality.

But you have your license. And a wet dream of being relevant.

Put girdle on a SB engine, if it shows signs of cap walk, did it do its job?

The answer to that is the caps still walk and a SB girdle doesn't stop it.

Put girdle on a SB engine, if it shows signs of cap walk, did it do its job?

The answer to that is the caps still walk and a SB girdle doesn't stop it.
Yep, that's about the gist of it, you may just have to experiment if you want to know for sure, and not all girdles are made the same.

Yep, that's about the gist of it, you may just have to experiment if you want to know for sure, and not all girdles are made the same.
What girdles are readily available for SBM's?

You're going to have to google that one..lol
Ask them what testing they've done.

You're the one making all the claims about them.. back up what you're claiming.

You are the clown claiming they work.

Prove it. Oh wait, you can’t. Because you’ve never used one, never installed one.

You are just an internet mouthpiece.

My advice to anyone considering using one is to invest the money on a good set of studs and an align hone, maybe good caps too. If you want to make a lot of power, invest in a good block.

My advice to anyone considering using one is to invest the money on a good set of studs and an align hone, maybe good caps too. If you want to make a lot of power, invest in a good block.
That's good advice.

I doubt you would be able to find much evidence or testing to prove if they have any benefit or not - if your engine didn't hold up to the abuse you were giving it and grenaded itself, would you build the exact same combo with the exception of the girdle and hope it holds together the next time round?

I doubt you would be able to find much evidence or testing to prove if they have any benefit or not - if your engine didn't hold up to the abuse you were giving it and grenaded itself, would you build the exact same combo with the exception of the girdle and hope it holds together the next time round?

You don't even have to grenade anything. Normal tear down show cap walk on the three engines I've seen that had girdles on them. The walk witness marks were no different than when the engine ran without a girdle. That's enough for me to generate an opinion with information available. They don't do anything on a SB except tie the studs together and lighten your wallet.

If you think a girdle is going to help you.. spend the money on a better block. End of story.

You don't even have to grenade anything. Normal tear down show cap walk on the three engines I've seen that had girdles on them. The walk witness marks were no different than when the engine ran without a girdle. That's enough for me to generate an opinion with information available. They don't do anything on a SB except tie the studs together and lighten your wallet.

If you think a girdle is going to help you.. spend the money on a better block. End of story.
Yep, a girdle will do nothing for cap walk and there is no benefit from tying the studs together. Snake oil IMO.

I’ve ran 8-9 and 10 second Mopar engines for 47 years. Get used to it. Hell Mega blocks had cap walk and a stupid girdle isn’t going to stop it.

What type of construction were those girdles?

The Barra is a Aussie ford inline six, the RB is a Nissan inline six, and the 4g63 is a DSM four cylinder.
Thanks, I am ignorant when it comes to down under powerplants. It could be said of a lot of things I suppose! LOL

The Ford guys lean on those Barras pretty hard.

What type of construction were those girdles?

You ask that question? Really? What girdles are readily available for SBM? The type that tie the studs together. Which is also consistent with the OP's question. Just like always around here, the commentary veers away from the OP's initial into variants of support for inline 6's and ford stuff. Outstanding. I mentioned nothing but SB mopar stuff because that is the OP's question.

Just keep grabbing the stick in that bucket of ****. Girdles are garbage for a SBM.. Carry on.

-
Back