Main studs

-
stud it and make the holes for the windage match the studs and put another nut on it if you got the length.

I can get the milodons for a windage tray. 4 bolts are double studs on top. Just wanted to know about quality of the milodons compared to arp. Thanks for the idea.

Arp probably makes them for milodon. If you are concerned you can buy a full arp stud kit for a windage tray. Just save the rest of the stud kit for later use if you're not going to use them yet.

What is the part number for the ARP studs you are looking for?

Looking at the tensile strength I wouldn’t have an issue running milidon studs.

3BB6E911-86EA-470F-B93C-EBEE88234D3D.jpeg

Milodon makes their own studs...they use a different process than ARP.

I have used them in an early Hemi and in my SBM race motor.

I could ship you this set from Canada… keep in mind it will cost more than Summit

0BAFCDB9-78C7-4BBE-BBE7-B9A57734D62F.jpeg

8968E585-83C1-489E-B701-217D7314C2CE.jpeg

67auto. Thank you for taking the time to find these. I think shipping will be high and it sounds like the milodons will be adequate for my build. Thanks again.

No problem...if you were really stuck I would have found a way to get them to you

Milodon studs don’t have the hex for installing them in the block, like arp. Install a set in a procharged small block Ford because I couldn’t get arp either. They work out well! Years ago milodon studs use to be the go to stud.

Milodon studs don’t have the hex for installing them in the block, like arp. Install a set in a procharged small block Ford because I couldn’t get arp either. They work out well! Years ago milodon studs use to be the go to stud.

As we all know if and when you have to remove the heads in the car, especially an un-modified street car the hex provision worked out great to remove the studs, then the heads. I used to put a nut on the studs and grind a notch so I could reach in with a screwdriver to remove them. Of course this is done before assembly

-
Back