Major brake problems

-

Rengo

Reaction score
When I drive down the street in my Duster, I cannot stop, AT ALL!!!! It has 14' rims, drums all around, the master cylinder is shot, I ordered a new one (power brakes?) and a brake booster as well. What will I need to convert a non power brake car into a power brake car? I am buying a set of disk brakes for the front, I assume I will need new lines for that, so Im just going to replace them all.
My main question is how long will this take? I am paying a shop to do this.
My next question is, Are there any alternatives?

You,ll need a proportioning valve and some new flex hoses to go with your new calipers.Alternatives..Do the swap yourself,buy a manual for your car and do it.The manual will save you large cash,instead of paying someone to do it for ya.

You'll need a manifold vacuum supply line to the booster. There are a couple of braces that add support to the booster and firewall. Someone here will have those from a donor car. You dont have to have them right away but the factory saw a need for them. Good luck

I believe I ordered disc, because I knew in advance that I was buying a set of disc off of a dart lite

P.S. Thank you all for helping me out, Do you know anyone with the braces for the firewall??

No wonder you can't stop. Trying to stop 14 foot rims is pretty tall order for any brake system.

Just fooling around, I do the same thing with my key board when it comes to " and '

Chuck

-
Back