Major Parts Stash

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Got a friend who has fallen on hard times (no job and way behind in child support) and will probably end up selling everything. From what I understand a good portion of stuff is for 66/67 Chargers and later B Bodies. No internet so he's mailing me a partial list of stuff. In talking with him tonight he has motors, transmissions, rear ends, body parts, and the list went on. As I understand it, even his 2 67 Chargers (might be 66s - am not sure about the year) are fair game. He does have some A Body stuff which I might take. After I get the list, I'll have a better idea of what he's got and will post a list in this thread. Additionally, he has a 79 T-top Cordoba and a mil-spec 76 or 77 4WD pick-up which I think may be going as well.

What are the trucks?

The truck is a mil-spec 76 or 77 Dodge (of course since he's a Mopar guy!) with a 318/727 4WD. I know he's acquired a matching Dana 70 for the rear and 60 for the front with 3.54 gears and some type of "divorced" transfer case (or something to that effect. I think he's got other stuff for the truck but will have to wait until I see the list.

That's a bummer! I may be interested in some of those Charger parts.

I know he's got a LOT of early Charger stuff since he said he's been acquiring this stuff for nearly 20 years.

Got a friend who has fallen on hard times (no job and way behind in child support) and will probably end up selling everything. From what I understand a good portion of stuff is for 66/67 Chargers and later B Bodies. No internet so he's mailing me a partial list of stuff. In talking with him tonight he has motors, transmissions, rear ends, body parts, and the list went on. As I understand it, even his 2 67 Chargers (might be 66s - am not sure about the year) are fair game. He does have some A Body stuff which I might take. After I get the list, I'll have a better idea of what he's got and will post a list in this thread. Additionally, he has a 79 T-top Cordoba and a mil-spec 76 or 77 4WD pick-up which I think may be going as well.

I might be interested in 1967 - 1969 Barracuda parts if there are any.

Well, I received a 3 page list of parts (but no asking prices and of course no pics) from my friend in the mail Sat and then I talked with him last night. Also he said that he forgot to include 3 additional pages of stuff There is some A Body stuff (disc brake changeovers, large bolt UCAs, LCAs, sway bars, a couple of drum to drum 8.25s, etc); I told him figure a price for me for the complete A Body stuff. There is NO body parts listed, seems to be mostly mechanical (engines, heads, intake & exhaust manifolds, rear ends, carburetors etc.). Most seems to be big block stuff with some SB here and there.

Here is a partial list:

Big Block Engines:
64 - 383 w/516 heads 4 barrel intake
67 - 440 w HP 915 rebuilt heads, HP exhaust manifolds, HP intake manifold (I think he is willing to separate - yes he knows what the 915s are worth)
73 - 440 that came out of a truck (unknown to me whether complete or not)
74 - 440 ex-police car motor (also unknown to me whether complete or not)

Small Block Engines:
71 - 318 2 barrel
87 - 360 4 barrel

Rear Ends (all B Body)
67 742 drum to drum (unknown what gears or if equipped with a SG)
68 741 drum to drum (unknown what gears or if equipped with a SG)
67 742 2.76 SG center section only

Transmissions: looks like 9 big block 727s; 2 small block 727s, 1 slant long tail shaft 727 and 1 slant 65 904 dual cable

Small Block Intakes - all cast iron 82, 84, 85 360 4 barrel; 72 and 73 340 4 barrel

Carbs: too numerous to list

The Chargers he has are both 67s - 1 has a 69 383 4 barrel, PS, rebuiilt 727 shift on the column, 8.75 with a 742 3.23SG. Bodywork completed (he is a paint and body man by trade); In paint (blue). Sounds like it's nearly ready to put on the road but then again I haven't seen it. Told him that without pics or a starting price, would be hard to sell.

The other Charger is also a 67 with a 74 400 4 barrel, every new on the front end, AT on the column, interior removed.

He is supposed to get back to me on prices and when he can get back up here, we're gonna go where he's got this stuff stored (all inside in a tractor trailer) and I'll get lots of pictures.

Sorry I can't provide any better info but gotta work with what he sent me. I'm sure more to come later.

EDIT: This stuff would probably do better of FBBO but I'm not a member there.

I finally was able to meet with my friend to take some pictures of his Chargers and some of the parts packed in his trailer (it's a 45 footer I think). Everything is for sale he told me. A FABO member is in contact with my friend concerning buying of the Chargers and all 67 Charger spare parts. Anyway pictures:

1st pic - both his 67 Chargers;
2nd pic - 67 Charger
3rd pic - set of 4 American Racing rims with center caps
4th pic - some of the big block manifolds (also has various small block manifolds)
5th pic - some of the big block exhaust manifolds

Attachments

• Ropger's Stuff 003.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 376
  • Ropger's Stuff 005.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 383
  • Ropger's Stuff 001.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 387
  • Ropger's Stuff 025.JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 359
  • Ropger's Stuff 026.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 384
More pictures:

1st and 2nd 67 915HP big block heads ready to bolt on
3rd - 67 original chrome valve covers
4th - 67 only HP exhaust manifolds
5th - 4 of the many cop car hubcaps (enough to make several sets).

Attachments

• Ropger's Stuff 039.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 377
  • Ropger's Stuff 048.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 366
  • Ropger's Stuff 027.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 385
  • Ropger's Stuff 029.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 368
  • Ropger's Stuff 028.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 366
Some more pictures:

1st - 70 only 440 (I think) dual snorkle air cleaner
2nd - 67 440 dual snorkle air cleaner
3rd - think he said was for a 383 but not sure
4th - set of M/T valve covers (big block)
5th - Edlebrock 383 manifold
6th - M/T's, Edlebrock and chrome timing chain cover as a set

Attachments

• Ropger's Stuff 053.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 359
  • Ropger's Stuff 052.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 373
  • Ropger's Stuff 050.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 350
  • Ropger's Stuff 038.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 371
  • Ropger's Stuff 037.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 363
  • Ropger's Stuff 035.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 371
A few more

Attachments

• Ropger's Stuff 042.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 348
  • Ropger's Stuff 040.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 336
  • Ropger's Stuff 054.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 341
  • Ropger's Stuff 020.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 362
Have a cousin in lexington va needing a pair of 68-69 big block exhaust manifolds for b body if available, pm me with price and availability, not to far from your location...

any prices. how can we contact him thru you?

I've got a few pages of stuff he inventoried with his (I think) his asking prices. I'd say the best thing to do would be to contact him. Unfortunately he has no internet and only a cell phone that he has to add time to if he has the $$$. If he's good with passing his cell # by PM, I'll pass it on to you.

Have a cousin in lexington va needing a pair of 68-69 big block exhaust manifolds for b body if available, pm me with price and availability, not to far from your location...

I'd be willing to bet his has a set of 69 BB HP manifolds. Would the casting #s be 2843992/2806900? See the info about his contact info above.

What`s the best he can do on the 915s Dartman? I`m interested.
Does he have any RB 4 speeds Bells etc.?

I do have some info on the 915 heads and will PM you. As far as I know no BB bells.

Don! Is there any NOS stuff for 1965 Dart that you dont need?

Hi Ulf - Virtually everything of what he has is specifically for a 67 Charger, a big block and a few items for a small block. No NOS for a 65 Dart (I wish it were so!)

I need a grille assembly if you have a whole one with trim. I have a 67 coronet conv. and can't find a grille.

I need a grille assembly if you have a whole one with trim. I have a 67 coronet conv. and can't find a grille.

As far as I know the only body parts is for a 67 Charger but will ask him when I get a hold of him - just tried and no answer.

-
Back