Make 72 back end into 69??

-

Bearkat50

Reaction score
hey guys i dont want it sound like a dumb question lol but can i make my 72 swinger look like a 69 dart 2dr hartop from the back? i think i would have to buy new quarter panels and a new tail panel but can it be done?? please let me know im a newbie lol sorry :) 8)

With enough body shop talent, money, tools and full beer locker anything is possible.

The more talent you have the less money you'll spend.

Unless you have talented friends, thats where the beer locker comes in, :toothy10:

With enough body shop talent, money, tools and full beer locker anything is possible.
The more talent you have the less money you'll spend.
Unless you have talented friends, thats where the beer locker comes in, :toothy10:

Yep, that pretty well sums it up!

The parts will physically swap, but why bother? Most people will think it's a Nova anyway, so they'll believe you if you leave it alone and tell them it's a '69. :toothy10:

It is fairly simple turning a '72 DartSwinger into a '69 Dart hardtop. A.) Sell the '72. B.) Buy a '69 hardtop.

It can be done but I don't see why you would. 70-72 are the nicest looking Swingers. IMO. 73-76 have them pointy noises and 900 pound bumpers and 67-69 are bricks on wheels.

I thought all model year Darts had big enough trunks to carry a few extra ballast resistors and ECU's.....

-
Back