making a new purchase Q

-

Rapid Robert

Reaction score
A newbie member has some items for sale (over 1K). I am leery of sending that much to a private individual that I do not know. Any suggestions on how I might proceed with this? COD?. thank you for your time. RR

I'd only use a credit card through PayPal with buyer protection. Or, if a well known fellow FABO member would check things out in person for you, and maybe handle the sale and shipping.

There is a newbie member on here named abodyguy or something similar. He’s on the B Body site as Rob Sharon and has sold many items. Or could be somebody taking pics off B Bodies site.

Last edited:
A newbie member has some items for sale (over 1K). I am leery of sending that much to a private individual that I do not know. Any suggestions on how I might proceed with this? COD?. thank you for your time. RR
add the thread, get it out in the open right now!

Be careful if the newbie sent you a PM telling you there’s a friend they know that has your item.

Holy lynching already? Good lord, go thru said sellers ads, find people who have replied and/or bought and send a pm as a reference.

@S'cuder has the idea. you're protected via pay pal and via your credit card. if the deal goes sour you might have to eat the shipping.

depending on how accommodating the seller is, you could ask them to list it on ebay and then buy it thru there with buyer protection. while you'll both pay more, there's way more protection.

Ok it is a pair of genuine EQ heads for sale. Not sure how to add the thread to this. He is brand spankin new here.

There's plenty of FABO members who live close to him. He did offer to deliver them locally, so maybe see if someone can check them out. He may very well be on the up & up and we've all just gotten gun shy from the scammers!

There's plenty of FABO members who live close to him. He did offer to deliver them locally, so maybe see if someone can check them out. He may very well be on the up & up and we've all just gotten gun shy from the scammers!
I agree.
^^^ you are absolutely right
He’s a new member with his first post as a for sale ad.

How does he want payment?

Last edited:
It's a brand new member and his only post on the site is a For Sale ad for a $1500 part. The fact that his screen name is Junkdealer doesn't help either. I'd proceed with caution.

Like was mentioned above, I'd start a thread asking for someone in the Phoenix area to check them out. You could toss them some coin for their time and trouble and it might save you a bunch of the same. Good luck!

good info guys, I'll keep you posted and I'll give him a call & see what kind of vibe I get. RR. I did offer COD but he declined & wanted me to call

Honestly, I'd also refuse COD on a $1500 item if I were the seller unless it was under very specific circumstances. And the fact he wants you to call him on the phone is a GOOD sign. I've not heard of any scammers that actually want to have an actual voice conversation. Let us know how it goes.

I called the guy & he sounded legit. we clinched a deal for 900. I can send him the money or he is going to move back to south dakota in the spring about a 3.5 hour drive from here & he said he would hold em for me & he is going to delete the ad. all sounds good. thanks guys for the excellent suggestions! RR

-
Back