Making progress on my Demon

-
No, sorry... even though it bounces a bit, something has to support my tach. And I can't hold it in my right hand because I have a 4-speed :)
No, sorry... even though it bounces a bit, something has to support my tach. And I can't hold it in my right hand because I have a 4-speed, even if I'm not petting the dogView attachment 1715600537 :)
No, sorry... even though it bounces a bit, something has to support my tach. And I can't hold it in my right hand because I have a 4-speed, even if I'm not petting the dogView attachment 1715600537 :)
Lol. Let the dog hold the tach.

That's such a sweet car! My first Mopar was a Demon, a rip-roarin' /6 that I got for $300 back in high school. It was no speedster but did everything I asked of it--including some off-road duty lol. Summer nights!

That's such a sweet car! My first Mopar was a Demon, a rip-roarin' /6 that I got for $300 back in high school. It was no speedster but did everything I asked of it--including some off-road duty lol. Summer nights!
My first Mopar was a 72 340 Demon. Wish I still had it.

Where'd you find room for the MSD box?
If you look you'll see the top of the MSD box behind the 2 heater hose holes. I'm going to use rubber plugs to plug up the holes.

Screenshot_20200926-202818.png

I have a heater box so no room on mine in that spot. Can't wait to see your car done - truly a great-looking car!!

I have a heater box so no room on mine in that spot. Can't wait to see your car done - truly a great-looking car!!
I also blocked off the heater motor hole with a plate as well. Have you tried installing your MSD box at the top of the transmission tunnel where it meets the firewall?

Screenshot_20200926-203700.png

MSD is wired up. Need to do a little nip and tucking here and there and put some of that black corrugated plastic wrap over the electrical wires in some spots. Plug wires ran and yes #6 was a bit challenging. Need to install my MSD wire seperators.Front bumper is on the car. I'll install the front valance after I install the radiator, transmission cooler and lines.

20200927_164850_HDR.jpg

20200927_164952_HDR.jpg

20200927_165032_HDR~2.jpg

MSD is wired up. Need to do some nip and tucking and install some of that black plastic corrugated protective sleeve over some of the electrical wires. Plug wires ran and yes #6 was challenging. Need to install my MSD wire separators. Front bumper is on the car. I'll install the front valance after I install the radiator, transmission cooler and lines.

20200927_164850_HDR.jpg

20200927_164952_HDR.jpg

20200927_165032_HDR~2.jpg

Last edited:
If you haven't already, take a hole saw and make a 1-1/2" hole in the inner fender directly over #6, and put a metal plug in it. Makes changing it a whole lot less painful!

If you haven't already, take a hole saw and make a 1-1/2" hole in the inner fender directly over #6, and put a metal plug in it. Makes changing it a whole lot less painful!
Funny thing that you brought that up. I was thinking the same thing. I actually installed #6 plug from the bottom of the car. I jacked the car up and turned the wheels all the way to the left and ran my arm up between the idler arm and headers. It was quite challenging. But I do believe I'm going to put a hole over #6 and use a metal plug.

-
Back