Making progress on my Demon

-
Installed my tach today along with my new front side marker bezels and lenses. Installed new side marker lenses on the rear, my original bezels were in very good shape.

Screenshot_20201003-202600.png

20201003_165700.jpg

20201003_183038.jpg

Sometimes its better to weight or try craigslist thease prices are including gaskets I hope
I don't believe the new tail light lenses come with gaskets. I have a pair of new gaskets I received when I bought a new body gasket kit when I painted the car.

Installed my tach today. Also installed my new front side marker light bezels and lenses. Installed new rear side marker lenses, original bezels are in great shape.

Screenshot_20201003-202600.png

20201003_165700.jpg

20201003_183038.jpg

Question here. What radiator are you fellas running? I'm looking for a direct fit radiator that'll bolt up to my factory radiator bracket holes plus have the lower outlet on the drivers side

Tommorow I will get no. off of mine Thinging about getting new one biggest thing is shrould if you get aftermarket

Tommorow I will get no. off of mine Thinging about getting new one biggest thing is shrould if you get aftermarket
Mancini carries Champion radiators in Monster 4 row design. Champion makes shrouds to fit all their radiators.

I run a Champion 3 core, it keeps my big block around 190 all day long. I picked it up from ChallengerGary on here many years ago.

I run a Champion 3 core, it keeps my big block around 190 all day long. I picked it up from ChallengerGary on here many years ago.
Is it a direct fit that bolts up to the factory holes or did you have to relocate the holes ?. Is it a 22 inch?

I'm 95% sure it bolted right in, it's been 5 or 6 years. I have the 26" one, with a factory shroud and fan. The car may have been modified earlier to fit a 26" maybe?

I'm 95% sure it bolted right in, it's been 5 or 6 years. I have the 26" one, with a factory shroud and fan. The car may have been modified earlier to fit a 26" maybe?
I'd say so. The factory radiator was a 22 inch. Plus the later big blocks had the lower radiator hose on the left. Small blocks are on the right.

My lower hose is on the drivers side. It had a "factory" 26" radiator in it when I got it, not sure what it was out of.

My lower hose is on the drivers side. It had a "factory" 26" radiator in it when I got it, not sure what it was out of.
Factory, your Duster would have had a 22 inch in it with the lower outlet on the right. I have an aluminum radiator already with the tanks on the side.Its a cross flow. I didn't like the way it was mounted in the car when I bought it. It was mounted with some sort of clamping system that attached to the top and bottom. It looked like crap. If I use this radiator I'll weld a small piece of aluminum angle to each side, drill holes and mount it to the factory holes in the radiator support. Make it a much neater installation.

Factory, your Duster would have had a 22 inch in it with the lower outlet on the right. I have an aluminum radiator already with the tanks on the side.Its a cross flow. I didn't like the way it was mounted in the car when I bought it. It was mounted with some sort of clamping system that attached to the top and bottom. It looked like crap. If I use this radiator I'll weld a small piece of aluminum angle to each side, drill holes and mount it to the factory holes in the radiator support. Make it a much neater installation.

I did that to my crossflow to put it even w/ the firewall ,
The mounting system u described first is chevy stuff .

My 71 Demon 340 has a 440 in it now. Factory 26" radiator in it, fixed blade Flex Fan, no shroud. Car runs 175-180 all day.

I did that to my crossflow to put it even w/ the firewall ,
The mounting system u described first is chevy stuff .
Yes it is. The tanks on my radiator are on the sides. But I'm going to mount it correctly if I decide to use it.

I could get a part number if that helps anyone

20201009_202349.jpg

20201009_202402.jpg

My 71 Demon 340 has a 440 in it now. Factory 26" radiator in it, fixed blade Flex Fan, no shroud. Car runs 175-180 all day.
The radiator opening in an A body is slightly over 22.5 inches. I just measured the opening in my Demon. So therefore if I stick a 26 inch radiator in it there's going to be close to 4 inches of the radiator that's covered up making that extra 4 inches useless. I've been looking at a 22 inch Champion Monster 4 row through Mancini.I can also get a fan shroud made to fit the radiator as well. I'm also looking at the Cold Case radiators too and they make the MOP756A-5..Very nice looking radiator.

20201010_124054.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back