Making progress on my Demon

-
nicer one
HJ45.jpg

I keep forgetting to tell you my 71 DEMON also is a 440 you can get a relocating kit to move oil filterWhat year is youre 440 Like I said my 440 is a 73 both hoses are on passenger side

I keep forgetting to tell you my 71 DEMON also is a 440 you can get a relocating kit to move oil filterWhat year is youre 440 Like I said my 440 is a 73 both hoses are on passenger side
75 model block I believe. Everything else is aluminum. Both my hoses are on drivers side.

i've cut a bit of radiator hose and zip tied it over the one 'in use' where it rubs against something else before. the extra bit becomes sacrificial and will wear through before the 'in use' one preventing leaks. you just need to check it now and again and replace when needed.
neil.

I've been giving some thought as to relocating the oil filter. I checked out Milodons relocation kit and it looks to be pretty good. I've never relocated the oil filter on any of my other cars so this would be the first. I was reading to where someone stated that it might cause a slight drop in oil pressure. Anyone encountered this before by relocating the oil filter?

I'll be installing my radiator overflow catch can tomorrow along with my new Spal pusher fan and B&M transmission cooler. Still have to make up my transmission lines, connect the fuel line to the fuel pump. I'm running a Carter mechanical pump and a Holley electric fuel pump. I'll only use the electric pump at the track. Have to install my torque convertor bolts as well. Then I should be able to fire it up and break the cam in.

that will work. are the hoses long enough? 24" isn't very long. are you just going to the frame right next to the oil pump? use some heater hose to mock up the bends to where you want to mount it

that will work. are the hoses long enough? 24" isn't very long. are you just going to the frame right next to the oil pump? use some heater hose to mock up the bends to where you want to mount it
Each braided line is 24 inches long. Thought about mounting it on this hump below where the battery tray once was. On the part of the hump that drops off to the left.

Screenshot_20201030-195748~2.png

I've got a brand new radiator overflow catch can made by JAZ if anyone needs it. I'll make you a deal you can't refuse..

Screenshot_20201102-172134~2.png

Got the mechanical fan installed along with the electric pusher fan, transmission cooler and radiator overflow tank. The SPAL electric cooling fan sat a little too close to the radiator so I bought a rubber spacer they sell to space it 1/4 of an inch away. It is made for the 16 inch fan I bought and works pretty good. It's molded for the fan and attaches to the housing of the fan. Seals it to the radiator good as well.

20201031_172135.jpg

20201031_174731.jpg

20201031_172146.jpg

20201031_172152.jpg

20201031_172205.jpg

Last edited:
Got the mechanical fan installed along with the electric pusher fan, transmission cooler and radiator overflow tank. The SPAL electric cooling fan sat a little too close to the radiator so I bought a rubber spacer they sell to space it 1/4 of an inch away. It is made for the 16 inch fan I bought and works pretty good. It's molded for the fan and attaches to the housing of the fan. Seals it to the radiator good as well.

View attachment 1715622708

View attachment 1715622709

View attachment 1715622710

View attachment 1715622711

View attachment 1715622712

Who makes that mechanical fan? It looks good!

-
Back