Man, guys, give me some help!!!!!!!!!!!!

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
ok, i have a 72 318-3 speed duster roller. it is a fairly solid car, and all it needs is a drivetrain.
there is a member on here selling a 4 speed setup for a great deal, and i was think to drop a 340 in it .

but, a few weeks ago, i picked up a different type of car. and with the prices of fuel, i would not mind having a 30 mpg daily driver, and something that is unuique.

so, the other car i picked up is a t-boned 2003 dodge stratus, with the mitsubishi 3.0 v-6, mated to the mitsu 5 speed trans.

now dont get me wrong, i love the 340's, but this thing still dumps out 210 h.p stock, and this car is a last to drive. i wonder if it would feel the same power wise in the duster? they are about the same weight. actually, i would be dumping the rear out of the duster, and putting the independant rear suspension in the duster.

i know it is alot of work, but hey, the engine and trans in the cr pur like a kitten, and has 61,000 on the clock. it is totally wrecked, yet i still find a way to rip the tires off it on the street.lol
i paid 50 bucks for the car, and the most i have been offered from a recycler is 500.00 well, when our trans went in out other stratus, we paid almost 2k for just the trans!. so i hate to just give it away

yay? nay?
please try to keep it constructive critism guys . lmao

to get it to feel like a 340 Duster, your mitsu 3.0 would need to be twin turbo.

(I'd know- I've had both:D)

The Stratus is probably more comparable to the Laser I had before (only a 2.0, but 195 HP) and that was also a blast to drive-quick, great top end (a helluva lot better than you get through 4.10s lol) and cornered like a snake in a ditch. Much better creature comforts, too.

...but I still like my V8s (I think I miss the sound of a massively cammed 340 most of all...)

^^^^ well, thats the thing. i have built alot of 2.0 turbo'd cars, and love the dusters, so i am trying to get the best of both worlds!

DO IT!!!!! I love the idea!! Doing burnouts in a duster with the front tires would be AWESOME!!!

Sounds kind of interesting, probably the biggest problem, at least up here, is getting it certified for highway once your done. The inspectors might throw a tizzy fit when they see a FWD drive and suspension in a car meant for RWD. Just guessing but I'd ask first.

^^^^^ i do not plan on telling dmv!.lol. just drive it!

Nay.
A cool project for sure, (Dare to be different)
I honestly think that it would be too much fooling around to make it work properly.
Why not buy another stratus with a screwed up drivetrain and fix that?
JMHO,
Tom.

-
Back