Man the memories. This hurts

-
IMG_3549.gif

Old wrestling T-Shirts are hot right now. I take my stuff to a silent auction. It runs for a month, when you bid, you write down your number and a bid and at the end of the month they notify you if you've won anything. They put out old wrestling shirts and they got bid way up.
My father was an old wood boat and sailboat guy. He had all sorts of shirts from the events he went to and I washed them and sold a bunch at the old boat shows.

I buy nicer rags on Amazon for the shop and I use a lot of paper towels. A lot. I refuse to wash them as I have enough other work to do. We have a free local (Freeport) Facebook group that I give the nicer stuff to. I posted my old hunting coat and a 70 year old friend wanted it. I posted up my old 80 pound bag from my karate years and it was gone in 15 minutes. But worn dirty racing shirts are to time consuming.

Back in 1964 Kennywood Park in pittsburgh used to take individual ride tickets. I still have a row of tickets my 6th grade teacher put in my report card.

I buy nicer rags on Amazon for the shop and I use a lot of paper towels. A lot. I refuse to wash them as I have enough other work to do. We have a free local (Freeport) Facebook group that I give the nicer stuff to. I posted my old hunting coat and a 70 year old friend wanted it. I posted up my old 80 pound bag from my karate years and it was gone in 15 minutes. But worn dirty racing shirts are to time consuming.

We use Blue shop towels also . But nothing beats an old T-shirt to soak up those unexpected spills. There free,
Save them in a bucket great to start your next wood fire. Saw dust for the floor spills and old rags for the bench spills. Both burnable in the furnace.

DSCN1854.JPG

DSCN1855.JPG

That stove will make some heat.
I can see the black smoke comming out the chimmley now when you put some lunkers on.
The secret is to keep coals hot to start the fire the next day.

I just couldn’t be bother with the work and dirt involved with wood and coal. I have enough cherry and locust to burn all year long in my backyard.

When my 35 year old son was home I asked him about the rolling baskets full of work, dress, and casual clothes that fill them to the brim. He said Dad I have to many clothes now so get rid of them. I’m trying to set heavy coveralls and coats that are clean to give away locally. But man the racing shirts from Darrel Alterman, Halloween Classic shirts, truck pulls, bracket finals, Spring Nationals, etc. they of course are all to small and worn but the flashback memories going into the trash kinda hurt. I’m trying to clean up some so they don’t have to do it when I’m gone and have empty space in my weekly trash pickup so it only makes sense to get rid of it.
Wash them and sell online or drop at a used clothing store. Maybe a swap meet deal, share a stall with someone you know.

Wash them and sell online or drop at a used clothing store. Maybe a swap meet deal, share a stall with someone you know.

Like I said before I don’t have or want to spend my time doing this. I’m not washing them and five bags are already gone. 5-6 more bags and I will have a clean spot in my cellar. I personally have three closets full of my stuff and three big plastic boxes of stuff that is to small. Maybe someday I will be down to that size.

When my 35 year old son was home I asked him about the rolling baskets full of work, dress, and casual clothes that fill them to the brim. He said Dad I have to many clothes now so get rid of them. I’m trying to set heavy coveralls and coats that are clean to give away locally. But man the racing shirts from Darrel Alterman, Halloween Classic shirts, truck pulls, bracket finals, Spring Nationals, etc. they of course are all to small and worn but the flashback memories going into the trash kinda hurt. I’m trying to clean up some so they don’t have to do it when I’m gone and have empty space in my weekly trash pickup so it only makes sense to get rid of it.
It will not help any but I unerstan what You mean I worked for Ouy fair for 13 years and each year there were theam shirts and I got three of them an then the special days COCA COLA, PEPSI and a couple others I ended up with about 6 shirts and hat's and they really don't meen anything to anyone but Me. Some of them are still new and I can't give them away. I saw a sign that said in the last third of My life I have come to the realization that all the thing's I fought hard for and the thing's that meant alot to Me then now I have to get rid of them know. Because I don't want My Children to have to o it and it kind of hurts

-
Back