Mancini Disc Brakes

-

OllieDemon45

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm looing at converting my 1971 Demon to disc brakes in the front. I'm looking at the kit from Mancini Racing plus the Master cylinder. How do they compare to others. Their shop is a couple hours away from me so I would like to support a local company. Anyone have pros or cons on their kits. Next year I plan on swapping out the rears also, along with new axles.
Let me know what you think.

Thanks

I haven't used Mancini for the disc brakes, but they have always been great to work with. The parts have always come quick, and fit the way they are supposed to. They also have been very helpful on the phone. Sorry I can't comment on the disc brakes, but I'd have not qualms at all about anything they sell.

I haven't used Mancini for the disc brakes, but they have always been great to work with. The parts have always come quick, and fit the way they are supposed to. They also have been very helpful on the phone. Sorry I can't comment on the disc brakes, but I'd have not qualms at all about anything they sell.
I purchased a 727 rebuild kit with torque converter from them, great people to talk too with great customer service.

The only people I could tech talk with in late 80's early 90's ...really knew and were very passionate about mopar!! I say you can't lose.

I assume you mean the MBM kit? If so, I have a buddy that put the big bolt pattern kit on his '72 Scamp. He is completely satisfied with them.

15 years ago I installed the SSBC front disc brake kit on my '71 Dart GT. It was a very complete kit, albeit expensive ($820 if I remember correctly), that was a breeze to install.
FYI, I have factory 14" X 5 1/2" Rallye wheels up front which clear/fit perfectly. The factory 14" X 5 1/2" STEEL wheels do not fit the SSBC front disc brake kit on my car (caliper interference).

ITEM UNIT PRICE QTY. COST
mbm-std-disc-brake-conversion-kit-large-bolt-pattern-5.png
A Body Disc Brake Conversion Kits: MBM Disc Brake Conversion Kit, Large Bolt Pattern [remove] $520.00 $520.00
mbm-mopar-master-cylinder-73.png
Brake Parts: MBM Master Cylinder (Disc/ Drum) [remove] $85.00 $85.00
inline-tube-adjustable-prop-valve-9.gif
Proportioning Valves / Distribution Blocks: Inline Tube Adjustable Prop Valve [remove] $49.00 $49.00
Subtotal: $654.00
Total: $654.00

Here is my list, going to call tomorrow and hopefully pick everything up Saturday.

-
Back