mancini orane ignition box

-

DARTLARRY

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck with Manini's orange box. I know it has a real resistor, and a Chrysler part #.

If not this box, then which box is a good performance upgrade?

upload_2021-7-6_21-42-1.png

The Mopar Performance ones are made by ProComp Electronics. Maybe. Now I’m thinking Proform. Kim

Last edited:
I assumed Mancini was selling the MP boxes.

I don't know man.....you might be right. It does appear to have a MP number on it doesn't it? That's not like Chrysler. They don't allow their copyright on chit. They wouldn't even approve our Mopar club to use the pentastar.....although we did it anyway. lol

I don't know man.....you might be right. It does appear to have a MP number on it doesn't it? That's not like Chrysler. They don't allow their copyright on chit. They wouldn't even approve our Mopar club to use the pentastar.....although we did it anyway. lol
Actually I’m pretty sure it’s Proform. If u remind me on Monday I’ll get a pic of it. Kim

I have one. works fantastic. Was on line at Amazon and found them there, for $15/ea. I bought the last 2 they had.
I was on the phone with tech support at Mancinis and the tech I was talking to, told me that I was out of my mind, no one sells them for that price. Well I bought the last two. I have one on the shelf for a spare

IMO, Use Pertronix III for 70 down. Hidden and sweet! I will sway someone along the way!

@yellow rose recently posted some good tests and the Chrysler Gold looked to be a great choice. Not a surprise to me at all! Best box I ever used!

If you like or already have external boxes then keep an eye for his tests or send your unit to him for evaluation!

Last edited:
IMO, Use Pertronix III for 70 down. Hidden and sweet! I will sway someone along the way!

@yellow rose recently posted some good tests and the Chrysler Gold looked to be a great choice.

If you like or already have external boxes then keep an eye for his tests or send your unit to him for evaluation!
Off subject. Read in another thread your motor developed noise. Did you find out what is the problem? Just curious since I use the same 292 purple cam.

Here's a pic of the Summit box I shared.
States its rated up to 6800rpm.
I have no experience with it yet.

sum-851021_qi_xl.jpg

about 15 years ago Mancini were selling high quality boxes at Carlisle.They also had a bin of orange boxes they said were just adequate ( that looked like that one) and they were $5.00.I bought a couple and have used them different times but not at hi RPM. They are just spares i keep in the trunk but have always worked fine.I think the one on my Dart for 5 years is a grey coloured Rock Auto special!

Off subject. Read in another thread your motor developed noise. Did you find out what is the problem? Just curious since I use the same 292 purple cam.

I will post updates in the other thread. That cam has been in there for a very long time!

Here's a pic of the Summit box I shared.
States its rated up to 6800rpm.
I have no experience with it yet.

View attachment 1715762941

Wow, Have not seen one of those yet. I would run away and looks like the inside of the Mallory HyFire crap sold in the late 80's early 90's!

Last edited:
I have been running the standard grey box for years, but lately during hard acceleration my ignition cuts out. I think it may be the ignition box, just don't want to but a cheap one and have the same results.

-
Back