Manifold and carb question

-

73 318 scamp

Reaction score
:newb: I have a 73 318 scamp factory air that works, 2barrel carb, auto tran,all stock.I have a hole in the intake manifold where the electric assist choke assembly is located.So since i have to relplace the manifold i believe its time to upgrade.What kind of manifold and carb do you think I should buy for a weekend driver and thanks for any help.

I recomend a nice dual plane intake with a 600 cfm carb with electric choke.

New manifold, EB performer, or an OFFEY dual port.

Used, look for a Holley Streetmaster.

Both work great with a 600edelbrock, or hawleee of your choice.

Some number of those cast iron intakes have been weld repaired at that burn through.
It may not be a very common failure but yours isn't the first.

Those aftermarket manifolds are made for 4 brl carbs and have larger ports to match 4 brl 340/360 heads too. You would need to change a bunch of surrounding parts, air cleaner, kickdown linkage, etc..

Those aftermarket manifolds are made for 4 brl carbs and have larger ports to match 4 brl 340/360 heads too.

Huh? The Edelbrock Performer has 318 runners and works great on a stock 318. Good upgrade for an intake the goes for less than a hundred bucks used. The eddy rpm air gap and performer rpm have 340-360 runners.

I say eddy performer and holley 4160 600cfm carb work great. Although if the performer is a spread bore will have to buy an adapter plate, which is a good idea anyway to help keep heat away from the float bowls.

Yeah the runners are the same. The length of the port is a little different, 1/4 maybe.
Probably doesn't amount to much.

-
Back