manifolds...headers and heat?

-
headers for sure add up the surface area of 8 1 5/8 tubes 36 inches long...you get 10 square feet!

But headers will cool off faster. The cast manifolds hold heat longer. Catch 22

hard top say, the B/RB motorhome logs used to mount with no gaskets and transfer heat back to the heads! Anytime you make more hp (headers) youll make more heat, but headers dont necessarily mean more hp to begin with.

Al, I found my new ceramic coated headers run cooler then the stock manifolds did and engine temps never changed. I noticed it takes longer for the engine to heat up to running temp.

Al, I found my new ceramic coated headers run cooler then the stock manifolds did and engine temps never changed. I noticed it takes longer for the engine to heat up to running temp.
I just bought an IR temperature 'gun', and clocked the exhaust manifold temp on my 318 at around 500 degrees. For what it's worth...

I just bought an IR temperature 'gun', and clocked the exhaust manifold temp on my 318 at around 500 degrees. For what it's worth...

the headers on my car are running just below 300 degrees with a IR gun and the engine bay area is alot cooler to

-
Back