Manual Brake???

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im having trouble with getting my manual brakes to keep pressure. I have all new hard lines, proportioning valve, and master cylinder.

I have noticed that the proportioning valve is leaking a little bit, but I cant seem to get it to stop. Everything is super tight. Actually more tight than what I would have liked to put it.

There is no air in the system, we have bleed the brakes many times to assure this. There are also no leaks from any of the wheels.

Im not sure if that PV is the whole problem or what else it may be. Im going to call Inline Tube monday to talk to them about it leaking so maybe I can get a new one sent out to me. Just wanted more opinions and if anyone else had a issue like this.

bingo if there is any leak in the system it Will never hold.Did you get that grommet?

I was thinking that same thing.. Seems very wierd, I honestly am not comfortable tightening anymore on that valve. Looks like I will be making that phone call Monday.

Yes I did get the grommet! Fits perfectly! Thanks for giving me that number to order it!

I was thinking that same thing.. Seems very wierd, I honestly am not comfortable tightening anymore on that valve. Looks like I will be making that phone call Monday.

Yes I did get the grommet! Fits perfectly! Thanks for giving me that number to order it!

Your welcome are the lines going to pv straight in i wance had one off ,it leak

Your welcome are the lines going to pv straight in i wance had one off ,it leak

Yes everything is straight into the PV. Right now the only leek seems to be at the large hex nut on the top of the PV, where the top line goes into it (the line is not leaking its coming from the under the hex nut. There is a brass washer under that hex nut, but it is very tight.

There is a brass washer under that hex nut, but it is very tight.

MAYBE you have two mis--matched fittings types.

What exactly are you using for a PV, and what fitting/ fittings do you have screwed into it?

Photo?

MAYBE you have two mis--matched fittings types.

What exactly are you using for a PV, and what fitting/ fittings do you have screwed into it?

Photo?

The fittings screwed into the PV with my fingers and then I tightened with a flare nut wrench. I picked up all the new lines from Classic Industries. They fit great into the PV, which I bought from Inline Tube.

Sorry Im not near the car for a pic, but this is the one I bought. The large brass nut type thing on the right side (or top) is the one Im referring to as leaking.

View attachment PV.JPG

I wouldn't use teflon tape. The last thing you want is little bits of teflon in your combination valve, plus that is a straight thread not meant to seal on the thrreads. I would send it back. At the prices they charge, it shouldn't leak, and that is a factory assembly that you didn't touch. You could try installing another copper crush washer, or sanding the one you have against a flat glass plate (both sides, 600 grit, clean well). But it is messy leaking brake fluid and a lot of time bleeding to test your fix. If you can wait, push it back on the manufacturer. We must train them, not fix their screw-ups.

I wouldn't use teflon tape. The last thing you want is little bits of teflon in your combination valve, plus that is a straight thread not meant to seal on the thrreads. I would send it back. At the prices they charge, it shouldn't leak, and that is a factory assembly that you didn't touch. You could try installing another copper crush washer, or sanding the one you have against a flat glass plate (both sides, 600 grit, clean well). But it is messy leaking brake fluid and a lot of time bleeding to test your fix. If you can wait, push it back on the manufacturer. We must train them, not fix their screw-ups.

I also had to tighten the little nut on the threads of the black cone piece. That was also leaking. Once I tightened it, that stopped. Irritated me that this thing is leaking!

Unfortunately the car is 3 hours from me and I have no way to remove it and ship it back until another 3 weeks goes by. Im still going to be calling them and talking to them on the phone about this issue.

-
Back