Manual steering to Power steering

-

orion20001

Reaction score
I am going to switch to power steering in my 67 Dart GT. I have a 1975 Dart donor car that I have taken out the K member with front end suspension and power steering and it is now installed in my 67. I was told I will need to shorten my column by 3 inches and my question is where do I shorten the steering column?

I am going to switch to power steering in my 67 Dart GT. I have a 1975 Dart donor car that I have taken out the K member with front end suspension and power steering and it is now installed in my 67. I was told I will need to shorten my column by 3 inches and my question is where do I shorten the steering column?
I believe you have to find a 67 p.steering column,they are shorter than manual.I just switched from power to manual in my 66.Everything power,has been sold.

The coupler has a smaller diameter as well. You may be better off using the column out of your donor car or swapping the steering shaft into the '67 column.

If you look closely at how the shaft was made you'll find a tiny weld bead around it where that final piece. That piece is where the 3 inch difference occurs. When there is a lot of difference in the 2 columns it can be simpler to change that piece. You need a professional weld though. Otherwise it will draw from the heat and end up crocked.

I believe you have to find a 67 p.steering column,they are shorter than manual.I just switched from power to manual in my 66.Everything power,has been sold.

Hope this helps ya out. :-D

Parting a 1967 Dodge Dart 270 4 door. Has nice
front fenders,nice hood,etc. I have only sold the grill and bezels and some trunk trim. All other parts available.
[email protected]

Thanks, I think I may just try to find another column and make life easier. If anyone knows where I can find a power steering column please let me know it would be much appreciated. I have had no success at my local scrap yards.

-
Back