Manual Valve body

-

CUDACOX

Reaction score
Hi Members,
I'm considering having a 904 built for my Fish.
I was just wondering how many members run a manual valve body in their street cars..and do you like it?
Thanks in advance!!

I run the Turbo Action "cheeta" full manual in my '70 street/strip duster..love it..

* So reverse as in "D" is first,first is third?

Correct.

The reason this works is there are no detents in the factory shifter moving forward. When you pull back it hits the detent for each shift.

I had a reverse manual in my 65 Valiant. Drove on street and strip and I liked it.

I ran a reverse Manual in my 72 Swinger for a while. Got old.

I thought mine would, but I drove that car everyday for almost 4 years. I loved every minute of it.

Drove a full manual 727 slapstick behind a 400 in a 71 Demon for years and it was a blast.

I have a manual body 727 in my Dart and I love it!! Not a 4 speed , but close enough for now.

I have a forward pattern manual valve body in my Polara, column shift for now, and it's great. I'm definitely putting one in my Dart.

I have the turbo action forward pattern in my dart. I like being able to start burnouts in 2nd. I bought it so I didn't have to mess with kickdown linkage. If I did it over again I would just by the transgo shift kit. scratch that 4 speed all the way. hahaha
It takes a little throttle skills to make a smooth shift into 2nd with full line pressure.

Just wanted to add that my valve body is also a reverse pattern for what it is worth.

I LOVE mine, reverse pattern. I can no longer row a 4 speed or handle a heavy clutch (osteo / arthritis, etc) and this puts a bit of the "fun" back.

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ULGQmJsU1zg"]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ULGQmJsU1zg[/ame]

Valve body at work.

I have a Forward pattern Manual Valve Body in the 727 in my '73 Duster (6-71 Blown 340), with a Cuda/Challenger Console & Slapstik Shifter, also 4.10's and a Spool

Strictly a Street Car, and fun too.

-
Back