Maple Grove Mega Mopar Action - Feedback Wanted

-

Rob_Mopar

Reaction score
I'm the president of the Delaware Valley Mopar Association. The DVMA is the car club that has been handling the show field duties for the Maple Grove for the Mega Mopar Action shows.

All parties involved with the event want to improve it for next year. I'm looking for feedback on this year's event. I'd like feedback from both participants (show car people, racers & vendors) and spectators.

Constructive criticism is welcomed. Blanket complaints ("Too expensive! They want it to fail!") doesn't do anything to improve the show next year. Please be specific.

If you believe something was too expensive, please give an example (car show entry, spectator tickets, racing fees, etc.).

If you have attended a similar show that you felt was superior, please state what was better about that show vs. the show at the Grove.

I'll be posting feedback requests on a few Mopar forums. It might take me some time to reply to any questions, so please be patient if I don't get a chance to respond right away.

Thanks,
Rob McCall
President, Delaware Valley Mopar Association

p.s. Moderators, I wasn't sure if this should go in the NE forum or the general one. If it should be moved please let me know.

The event was set up great, the only problem was attendance. I don't know why. Maybe too close to Carlisle , economic restraints or just lack of advertizing. I can visualize it getting bigger each year if more people know about it. You and your wife always do a great job and thanks for that. I know the racers had a great time, "the fewer cars the more runs and better chance of a win". You will see me next year with as many friends as I can bring.

Thanks Mope.

Will we be seeing your Dart next year or the Daytona?

Hey Rob, I was there with my car and my son on Saturday. The show was run well, price was reasonable, but as you said the attendance was low. IMHO that problem was due to lack of advertising. I only found out about it a week ahead of time on this forum and that was a bit of a fluke. There are a ton of Mopars around here, I'm sure if you can get the word out there will be more cars.

Do you have a website for your club?

I agree, the advertising this year wasn't effective. We're coming up with some ideas for better advertising next year.

The club's site is www.DelValMopar.com We're in the process of revising it, so please take mercy.

turnout was pretty bad. maybe make a fun field where you can drive your car in and park it inside the fence just paying the normal entry fee. not paying to enter to be judged.

make it earlier or later. to be farther away from carlise and not as hot.

You did say it is kinda close to carlisle.

Not to mention our country
is a giant swirling toilet bowl,
and the president is jumping on the handle.

i was there racing and had won electronics class on sunday. i feel that the show was not promoted very well. i had asked to a few people on thursday and friday if they were coming out to the event since they are very big mopar fans. they had said that they did not even know that maple grove was having the mopar show. i also here that the turn out was hurt by the nmca/late model hemi shootout at MIR on the same dates. I personally had a blast and would like to see the event stay and grow for next year. i also notice alot of the racers who were there saturday had left saturday night and did not come back sunday. i feel with the right promotion and a manufacturers midway even maybe some exhibition cars that the turn out could be greater.

I would have liked to go but had no idea when it was. I live 1 hr away from MG. I think the advertising really hurt you. You could try hitting the local cruise nights & smaller car shows (I know it would be a lot of work, but it may be worth it.) like at Sonic & the Harleysville & Pottstown cruise nights with flyers & announcements. Advertise it on here & the other websites. Good luck with your future shows.

turnout was pretty bad. maybe make a fun field where you can drive your car in and park it inside the fence just paying the normal entry fee. not paying to enter to be judged.

There was a section in the field for just that, but its use wasn't very clear and the track staff directing cars to the parking lot didn't seem to know about it. There were some nice cars in the parking lot that really would have looked right at home in the field.

seems the only mopar event doing well in this area is carlisle,,

E TOWN mopar event is a ghost town,,,

ide like to see at least this event grow,,we need more then carlisle,,

i didnt make it this year,,i work a 12 hour rotating night shift,,,i drove out last year after work,,25 hour day when all was said and done,,,i didnt expect last year to be great being the first year,,,and some how i knew this year would be worse,,,

i agree on a non judged area,,,heres why,,,from past experience,, at E TOWN mopar event,,if some one didnt win an award seems they didnt return the following year,,,ive heard grumblings at carlisle as well,,,

sure its great to get an award,,,and every one has there day one time or another im sure,,,, being ticked off because you didnt win a 9 dollar award after pouring tons of your hard earned cash in to your car, seems childish to me,, i go to see kool cars,,talk cars etc,,,

there were a lot of events that weekend,,seems once the car season starts,,there are too many choices,,,too many events to go to them all,,,

if im not mistaken,,,sunday entrance fee was the same as saturday ????

saturday was a longer day,,less time sunday,,and big daddy only on saturday,,,i think sundays entrance fee should be less then saturday,,but i have no idea what it costs to rent the track,,,and whos paying that bill???? just my thoughts,,,

hope you can make this event grow,,,,

i haven't been to this event yet. usually find out about it too late. i don't hear anything about this event until its too close to adjust my vacation days.

another thing is a lot of people have to pick and choose what events they go to in any given year for all kinds of reasons, family, money, work...etc....etc... in that case with it being so close to carlisle what would you pick? an event that has just started and really has no good feedback or an event that you know will have what you want like carlisle? for me carlisle will win that battle every time.

haven't really heard anything about the first two events to make me want to make the drive to check it out for myself.

if the prices (according to the moparts thread >>>LINK<<<)stay where they are, i will never attend. no way am i paying $40 to get me, jamie and rylee(my 3 year old) into that place. just isn't going to happen. hell i don't pay that to get into carlisle from thurs-sun.

you have to remember this isn't 20 years ago when there were only a few car related events on any given weekend. these days you have tons of car events of all kinds every weekend that you have to compete with. you have to step it up and make people want to come to your event (especially at the money you charge to get in). it needs to stand out and make me want to attend. just being a mopar show isn't going to do that. hell atco raceway is only 8 miles from me and i have never attended their crappy mopar show. its your job to draw me to your event. its not my obligation to attend. know what i mean?

my advice... study e-town and see how they ruined that once awesome event. then study carlisle and see what they do to make it so successful. and learn from both.

I totally agree with abodyjoe. Also that weekend was the East Coast Gasser event at Beaver Springs Dragway. My Dad and I went to BS on Saturday and Maple Grove on Sunday. I would have to agree that advertising needs to get better. The only I went last year and the attendance was marginal. I think this year was a bit worse. No matter what I'll still go every year but I sure would like to see it get bigger and better.

I really think, if you could attract more vendors and have a manufacturers midway and perhaps some feature cars it would be a big success. If Carlisle had a dragstrip on site that place would be insane! Not all of us can travel out to Ohio to the Nats to get the swap meet, car show and racing. It would be great to get that experience on the East Coast.

my advice... study e-town and see how they ruined that once awesome event. then study carlisle and see what they do to make it so successful. and learn from both.

+1. E-town really screwed up their Mopar event. I dont even look for the scheduled event anymore.

I went to both events.This year was a little better.I also was in the swap meet.If you to see a real good mopar event the Maison dixon show is the one to copy.It cost me 25.00 fro me and my wife and do the swap meet.The food was so cheap they ran out at 11:00am.I want maple grove to be one of the best mopar shows on the east coast.One thing that maple grove has against it is they never liked mopars(I was going there since I was a kid).Are family and are neighborhood was just about all mopars.If you remember (maybe not) there was no mopars at maple grove racing because of them not liking them.Most mopars went to different tracks and stayed. Mark

I went to both events.This year was a little better.I also was in the swap meet.If you to see a real good mopar event the Maison dixon show is the one to copy.It cost me 25.00 fro me and my wife and do the swap meet.The food was so cheap they ran out at 11:00am.I want maple grove to be one of the best mopar shows on the east coast.One thing that maple grove has against it is they never liked mopars(I was going there since I was a kid).Are family and are neighborhood was just about all mopars.If you remember (maybe not) there was no mopars at maple grove racing because of them not liking them.Most mopars went to different tracks and stayed. Mark

Ive been to mason dixon a few times nice small event,,,i never remember it in time to get it in my schedule,,,

-
Back