March performance vs cvf pulleys on 340

-
Sounds good! Let us know what you have to make adjustments to and if your able post pics of the finished work.

Couldnt wait, got them on the way, went ahead with the crank, water pump, and alt pulley along with the summit shim kit you provided. Crank and water pump pulley will be here prob wed. Alt pulley not shown to ship out until the 25th. Ill go ahead and get the crank and water pump pulleys on and aligned. I noticed my power steering pulley is slightly off from the crank. I will see if i can get it straighter but its been running that way for 6 years with plenty of times up in the 5k rpm range with no issues

Took the water pump pulley and crank pulley off. Before i pulled the crank pulley i took a picture of the crank pulley next to the power steering pulley. The power steering pulley appears to be further forward than the crank pulley.

2CB79DA5-CBB8-409C-A5FC-F09E34E0A8E4.jpeg

It ran fine like this with no issues. Im hoping the march crank pulley is out just a tad more than the factory style crank pulley. Then i wont have to adjust it much, i guess if the crank pulley still needs to come forward more i can shim the crank pulley or could i possibly press the power steering pulley on a tad farther? It looks like i have a little room to go back

B4D2AD91-2DDF-48F8-91C8-148C87094FF8.jpeg

The way the power steering brackets are oriented i dont think i could shim the pump itself back. Ill know for sure hopefully by the middle of the week. The downside is if i bring the crank pulley out then i have to bring the water pump pulley out which affects the alternator pulley as well.

So im thinking if the march crank pulley is in the same spot as the factory style like i have now that i may just leave the power steering pump alone where it is and focus more on aligning the water pump and alt. I know it wouldnt be a perfect scenario but i can only shim so much.

Also i was thinking of picking up new bolts for the crank pulley, it comes with allen cap head bolts but i think id be more comfortable with a hex head bolt and lock washer. Any reason why i shouldnt use stainless bolts on the crank pulley?

The crank and water pump pulley came in, alt pulley wont be here for a few weeks. Snugged up the water pump pulley and crank to check the alignment. Instead of using a straight edge i decided to use a 9mm laser bore sight. Its perfectly round and sits in the groove of the pulley, then i could see exactly where center is across the belt contact surface.

Heres the drivers side of the water pump and crank pulley, pretty much right on

4741121E-D874-4A42-B7FE-AC7776010889.jpeg

Heres the pass side of the water pump and crank pulley.

79495D40-2A02-4190-AEC7-1DE07B7846EB.jpeg

From the water pump pulley across to the alt pulley.

B74EA6C0-0875-4DB6-A0A4-72FD91A7DAAB.jpeg

The only one giving me a hard time is that damn power steering, i have some room i can come in on the shaft, i may try to press the pulley on a tad more than re adjust the power steering pump and try again. Its almost like the pump is good on the top but the bottom is a hair too far out.

Update: ended up pressing the power steering pulley on farther. Pressed it on another 1/16 of an inch or maybe a tad more. Still have a air gap between the pulley and pump. Re adjusted the pump and got it a little better, still about dead on at the top to the crank, the bottom is still a hair off but not by much maybe 1/16” its going to have to do, not much adjustment on the pump brackets. You can even tell by looking at it that its more in line

CD3243A8-B2C7-483D-921F-AA8B389BCBD9.jpeg

-
Back