Marriage/relationship question

-
Ive been married for 23 years. There are definitely ups and downs in that department. Women are different than men, they need to feel loved, cherished etc, etc, etc before their switch goes on in that area. With kids it gets really complicated and the business of life will get in the way. I am not the best at this but you need to spend time with your spouse making her believe she is the most important thing in your world. Easy to say, hard to do........
well put louis

Maybe you should stop doing some of the things that you do for her to appreciate you more. Maybe cut out all the meals, laundry etc. It sounds like you are doing most everything around the house. What does she do with her time? Some appreciation needs to go the other way towards you is my thoughts on it. Sounds like it is a one sided relationship. I had my best friend go through the same thing. He did everything around the house, made a lot more $$ than her too, it did not end well.

Bingo!!!

You are no challenge at all. I would be looking for a way to turn this around. Start buy having her carry her own weight in the relationship and spend more time doing what you want to do. Don't be an inconsiderate slob, but you can let her cook and clean and you go play with your toys or go fishing once in a while.
Some how I am way more attractive to my wife if I'm dirty and sweaty working outside or in the garage then I am if I'm all showered up hanging around the house waiting to kiss her butt. They all are attracted to our manly side.

Maybe you should stop doing some of the things that you do for her to appreciate you more. Maybe cut out all the meals, laundry etc. It sounds like you are doing most everything around the house. What does she do with her time? Some appreciation needs to go the other way towards you is my thoughts on it. Sounds like it is a one sided relationship. I had my best friend go through the same thing. He did everything around the house, made alot more $$ than her too, it did not end well.

Bingo!!!

You are no challenge at all. I would be looking for a way to turn this around. Start buy having her carry her own weight in the relationship and spend more time doing what you want to do. Don't be an inconsiderate slob, but you can let her cook and clean and you go play with your toys or go fishing once in a while.
Some how I am way more attractive to my wife if I'm dirty and sweaty working outside or in the garage then I am if I'm all showered up hanging around the house waiting to kiss her butt. They all are attracted to our manly side.

This seems pretty accurate from what the op has posted.

Thank you for your insight and opinions. I truelly apprieciate the way you all have handled this question. Let me hit on some points, as for helping around the house, I do the cooking. All meals, everyday. I take care of the yard and other household chores. As for romance, I write her poems, give her cards and flowers. As for another interest, we both work the same schedule and are home every night together. We talk about it and she say's "I want to,and we will but not now... soon" I love her with all my heart, but this needs to change.

Not to be mean, but someone is taking advantage of you. I just hope you are not going to tell us she is painting the house, fixing the cars, plowing the fields, repairing the fences, that sort of stuff. When you go out together do you drive. Usually I drive when I'm with the wife, with running commentary from the passenger side.

im just going to go right and say that there is a helluva lot more to her story regardless of whos telling it. ive been down this dirt road too many times

Been in the same boat for 3 years now. I blame the little 3 year old running around. However I haven't found a solution yet. Might I recommend a book I've been reading called "How can I get through to you" By Terrence Real. Lots of good advice about Men being Men and Women being Women.

Sex is huge,what worksssssssssssssss for us Cindy will dress up like a slut for me,I cant keep my hands off her,or I will tell her I want to see a slut,sounds crude but ya got to do what works.Good luck,Ps as said you must talk openly.

Yeah sometimes this works. My wife's friend is going through a similar situation. Her husband is rarely intimate, and when things are gonna go down his maneuver is to get the astroglide, bust the dog in park maneuver a couple quick pumps and he's done. She claims it wasnt like that until after they had their kid who is now 8 I believe. She just wants attention wants to be pleased ect but for some reason not all things are clicking and she started to have an affair. I think women always want to know that regardless of age, added weight due to pregnancies ect we still have that desire for them.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Ec9uvd-_I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Ec9uvd-_I[/ame]

I've been down this road too, and the first thing I would do is to call out from work and follow her. Some women have been known to cheat on their man for months or years and say "It was a mistake. It only happened once" The justification always is the man did or didn't do this or that. When you ask what's wrong you get that vague answer. Find out if there's anything to save first.

I've been down this road too, and the first thing I would do is to call out from work and follow her. Some women have been known to cheat on their man for months or years
thats exactly what i did....

not to mention the ole video camera doesnt lie....

i may have felt a little bad , had i not discovered anything

The best advice i can give to you is something I learned from an ex...

If you make the effort to make sure your woman knows that she is the most important person in your life at least once every day, everything will be fine. The reason for this is it is important for women to feel wanted, loved and desired. If you can do this once a day, she will never feel less than completely in love with you. This is especially important when you are having one of those days where arguments are the theme of the day. If you can find a way during those times she will take note.

Something I do for my wife when she is battling her monthly demons is to take her towels away from her while she is showering and throw them in the dryer and bring them to her hot when she is done. little things like that say I love you more than the actual words ever will.

Not sure but after a month of no fun in bed somethings up I have been down this road also,good luck!

Plenty of people out there not getting busy as much as they like or used to or think they should & most of the time it aint about the other side cheating. Be careful! Suspicion is an ugly ugly thing & will do way more harm than good. Don't make any sudden decisions or take any actions until you have more reason to. I know there are a lot of guys here that'll say don't wait until you find out she was up to something or you'll look like a fool. Nobody who gets cheated on looks foolish if they have been faithful themselves. Only the cheater does. Having said that, the FASTEST way to look like a fool is to acuse her or have her find out you're spying on her & it turns out she's not cheating. Now you've made her feel like you don't trust her & now you've proven you can sneak around on her so she loses some trust in you & it all hits the fan!
Play it safe & keep talking to her but don't push too hard. Logic & a cool head will prevail here. Not decisions made based on emotions.

x2!! It has to go both ways or it will go one way, and that will be down the crapper eventually. I've always said that women (not all) are like cats. They love things that peek their curiosity and that they have to pursue somewhat. Cats for the most part want to be petted when "they" want it. If you're doing all the stuff that is generally being shared somewhat in most relationships, then she (cat) might be getting a little bored or over confident with your giving nature and not so interested in getting close.

Time will tell the tale!

Good luck!

Lol! Dogs have an "Unconditional Love" for their master! Cats have to think about it! Ugggh, I hate cats!!!

The seventeen years I have been married to my wonderful wife has had its ups and downs just like any other person that has responded to this question. Passion is key! I must tell my wife 10 times a day that I love her maybe more. I can tell you that with contentment comes issues! Age, Weight, Wrinkles etc. etc. and how they feel about theirselves also plays a MAJOR factor on what happens behind a closed bedroom door. If they (women) don't feel good about how they feel and look this will hender their intimacy in a huge way. I ask and never fear the answer! If its about her appearance I clarify that I know exactly whats underneath and that I feel the same way as the day I met her!

I would take "some" of the advice mentioned here like, "Stop doing everything!" Its a 50/50 thing dude!! You mentioned that you and her have the same schedules so I wouldn't think there would be a possibilty of a "SOMEONE ELSE" theory! Trust is very important to a woman and when you start questioning that then you are asking for trouble. Don't be up her kester all the time either! Leave, make her miss you! She will!

As mentioned start a date night! It WORKS!! If money is a concern take her to the nearest park, lake or beach and just walk with her! Doing this will promote talking. The first step to make things fall into place.

Just keep faith and trust a number one thought if you still want her around.

Good luck dude!

A lot of good advice above. One thing more, make sure she NEVER reads this thread! Women have very looooooong memories.

I give my wife a big old kiss, grab here *** and tell her I lover as often as I can.

2 things I have noticed by doing this......

1. Her *** gets bigger every year.
2. She is more than happy to play with my "Mr. Happy".

You can't ever let your lady feel like she doesn't still turn you on. Make an effort everyday to keep the love alive.

i give my wife a big old kiss, grab here *** and tell her i lover as often as i can.

2 things i have noticed by doing this......

1. Her *** gets bigger every year.
2. She is more than happy to play with my "mr. Happy".

You can't ever let your lady feel like she doesn't still turn you on. Make an effort everyday to keep the love alive.

:d ^^^^^bingo^^^^^ :d

Every marriage is different for sure and I'm not saying anything is going on,none of us knows your wife like you do and it seems that your not jumping to conclusions and that says alot for you as a person in my book I just hate to see anyone go through what I did,one thing my divorce did is open my eyes and pay more attention to detail.

Well I think ron white said it best . But i can say that on here lmao Im sure some one will find a video lmao

Been together with my wife for 26 years ... dating + married ... i come to find out that MOST women, it is the simple things that make them happy...ex... When was the last time you went grocery shopping with them ..... spent all day with them ... doing what they like to do and then doing lunch ..... Go shoot some golf balls ... if they like golf ... Happy wife... Happy life...

I realize that there is a difference between affection and intimacy. We are very affectionate: hold hands, have date night at least 7 or 8 times a month, kiss hello and goodbye everytime we enter or leave and talk for hours upon hours about everything and nothing at all. We share the housework, maybe I do more than most men but that's because I grew up watching my mother do everything because my dad was to busy working to help her and I never wanted my wife to have to do that. Our marriage is... in my opinion, perfect, except for the fact that she has no interest in sex. People have mentioned cheating...she is an open book, not only do we spend every minute together, she doesn't hide anything (facebook, cell phone etc.) from me. My enitial quetion was, how long is too long?

I realize that there is a difference between affection and intimacy. We are very affectionate: hold hands, have date night at least 7 or 8 times a month, kiss hello and goodbye everytime we enter or leave and talk for hours upon hours about everything and nothing at all. We share the housework, maybe I do more than most men but that's because I grew up watching my mother do everything because my dad was to busy working to help her and I never wanted my wife to have to do that. Our marriage is... in my opinion, perfect, except for the fact that she has no interest in sex. People have mentioned cheating...she is an open book, not only do we spend every minute together, she doesn't hide anything (facebook, cell phone etc.) from me. My enitial quetion was, how long is too long?

Many people loose interest in sex so their answer is "never been too long". Maybe you need to talk this out with your wife and see what is up.

I may have missed it, but how old are you guys? If you're in your forties or fifties, she may need to get her hormones checked. She may have low testosterone(yes....women have it too!) You see all the ads on TV for the hormone replacement clinics, and it sounds like it's too good to be true. I'm here to tell you it works! My wife & I weren't as bad off as what you say y'all are, but were headed that way fast. A friend of ours talked my wife into going for the free visit HRC offered, and she found out she was bad out of whack! They started her on the treatments, and they work. I'm not a kiss and tell kinda guy, but I've thanked the lord more than once for giving me the ability to keep up at my age! :D Just something else to think about....good luck.

I may have missed it, but how old are you guys?

That was my first question, too.

Has she had a complete physical lately?

I'm not going to belabor the point, put my sex life took a nose dive about a year and a half before we found out about Sarah's tumor. Come to find out that brain tumors have that effect. I thought Sarah had just lost interest in me, but she just lost interest.

Other medical conditions can have the same affect. Age being one them. A lot women simply loose interest in sex after a certain age and menopause has a lot to do with it. And many people think menopause is an old age issue, but a of lot women will go through it in their late 30's, early '40's. The hormonal change can have a huge affect on the libido.

Has she said why she has no interest in sex? There are thousands and thousands of reasons why people aren't intimate with each other. You'll have to be more specific if you want relevant advice.

-
Back