Master cylinder upgrade

-

billlove74

Reaction score
My 64 Barracuda has non-power brakes. I am rebuilding the braking system and want to upgrade the master cylinder to a dual reservior system. Is there an easy upgrade kit or part number that will work? Thanks for any help.
Billlove74

sometimes...good questions get buried in all the threads.

Good to hear you got it going...I was curious if anyone had an answer though...

Aloha!

My 64 Barracuda has non-power brakes. I am rebuilding the braking system and want to upgrade the master cylinder to a dual reservior system. Is there an easy upgrade kit or part number that will work? Thanks for any help.
Billlove74

Parts store! Should be an easy deal, just ask for any Mopar A-body application '67-up. In a quick search I found one at the Zone for my '71 Dart. Link here. Just showing an example.

Master Power brakes should also have what you need, probably more expensive.

You'll need another line too and you might want to look into a proportioning valve to adjust the front to rear bias so you don't lock 'em up every time you step on the pedal.

I got a dual m/c, mounting adapter, and prop valve off ebay from seller rehrenberg, he's a well-known mopar tech guy. He will provide very good instructions, if you request them.

Don't forget there is a search function...I'm not being a smart-***, often a topic has been covered in the past.

Great sense of humor there billlove74 :toothy10:

Welcome to FABO

You are correct about the search engine...but even that comes up with a thousand threads...that might not have anything close to what you are looking for....

Aloha Mike

1967 and newer dual master,,,parts store like napa,,,dont buy any cheap junk,,were talking brakes here,,,,,make sure you get a master cylinder for your application,,,,drum front /drum rear or disc front drum rear,,

also you wil need a im going to speel this wrong i know it,,,just took some tylonel pm,,lol porportioing valve,,several vendors carry these,,,or you could put an adjustable valve on your system,, i use a disc/drum with a 15/16 bore master cylinder from mopar performance,,with a adjustable poportioning valve on the rear brakes,, car stop on a dime,,,,i also use dot 5 silicone brake fulid,,,and have been for 15 years,,for a car that doesnt see every day driving,,,the silicone brake fluid will not collect moisture like regular brake fluid,,,also if you have a leak for any reason it wont take your paint off,,,

Thanks for the advice guys. I could not find a search function. I thought that was a future initiative. Can someone tell me where to look for it? Thanks.

The search function is on the top bar.

• HOME • FORUMS • FABO STORE • MEMBER PHOTO GALLERY • CHAT • FOR SALE • MOPAR VIN DECODER • USER CP •
• NEW POSTS • TODAYS POSTS • SEARCH • CALENDAR • AUTOMOTIVE NEWS • B BODY MOPAR FORUM • E BODY MOPAR FORUM

As for the master cyl. If you want the cast Iron one just the updated A-boy one will work. If you want a updated aluminum one. you can get them off the newer vans and trucks. or order one from summit, jegs, or advanced, or autozone or something. You just need to find one with the right bore. Also you will need a 4 bolt to 2 bolt adapter. and all the stuff like proportioning valve, and fluid and stuff that has already been mentioned. BTW the aluminum ones are a couple of pounds lighter.

Thanks for the advice. I used to work for the government so I am slow to catch on sometimes. I went to Carlisle yesterday and picked up some good cheap stuff I needed (front fender for $65, front seats for $100 a pair and a gas tank for $25, as well as some freebies from the sellers). I should go back tomorrow, but divorce is more expensive than waiting for the next deal.

-
Back