match race this sat. night 2 darts small blocks

-

flboatman1

Reaction score
My car 72 dart. BILLS DART A 69 BOTH YELLOW WITH A BLACK STRIP ON REAR . WE NEED SOMEBODY WITH A GOOD VIDEO CAMERA TO TAKE VIDS. THE 69 HAS A 340 STROCKER MTR 418 . 727, 456, ALUM. RACING HEADS. IN IT. I'M RUNNING A 20 OVER 360 202 J HEADS, 904 488, THIS IS GOING TO BE UNREAL!!! IT'S AT LAKELAND MOTOR SPORTS PARK FL. AT 5:00 PM TILL CL. WE ARE BOTH GOING TO RUN PRO/SUPER PRO FOR THE $$ WHOES GOING TO WIN TALK TO ME? I RUN HI 690'S ON 194 OCT WITH LUCUS BUSTER , THE LAST TIME HIS CAR WAS RUN IT WENT 6.80 ON 114 RACING FUEL, HE WANTS ME TO USE SAME. WHAT DO YOU THINK. GARY

I Guess Nobody On The Forum Have
Raced A Small Block Because Nobody Has A Answer On What Veh. Will Win. Come On ,are The 340 Strokers Faster Than The 360 Stock Crank Build,what Is The Diff. I Bet I Can Drive Around The 418. What A Let Down For The Stroker . If You Think I'm Kidding Come And Watch ,. Now I'm Mad Nobody Want's To Affend Each Other ,but I'm Not Affrade, If I Lose Next Week, It's A New Game And I Will Try Again. Won't Happen!! Good Luck All You Strokers!!!!! And If You Think I Need Aluim. Heads To Compete,for Get It. And Why Is Everybody So Crazey About Pinks Arm Drop We Did That **** Back In The 50's. Go0o0d Luck

Good luck. Cars seem to run only a tad apart. It's anybody's game.

I Guess Nobody On The Forum Have
Raced A Small Block Because Nobody Has A Answer On What Veh. Will Win. Come On ,are The 340 Strokers Faster Than The 360 Stock Crank Build,what Is The Diff. I Bet I Can Drive Around The 418. What A Let Down For The Stroker . If You Think I'm Kidding Come And Watch ,. Now I'm Mad Nobody Want's To Affend Each Other ,but I'm Not Affrade, If I Lose Next Week, It's A New Game And I Will Try Again. Won't Happen!! Good Luck All You Strokers!!!!! And If You Think I Need Aluim. Heads To Compete,for Get It. And Why Is Everybody So Crazey About Pinks Arm Drop We Did That **** Back In The 50's. Go0o0d Luck

If you say so. Just go and have fun. I know, win lose or draw I all ways have fun racing.

I've seen two engines with nearly identical parts run almost a second apart. Kinda hard to predict how something will run based on just a parts list.

Sounds like it should be a fun race, good luck.

I Forgot To Ask? When I Leave The Line My Car Vears To Rt Slighty Do I Have To Lower Tire Pres. In Left To Correct Or Is It Right. When You Are 65 You Forget A Lot Of Things. Thanks Guys And Gals.

I,m gonna go with the stroked 340,just cause I have one!It,s only a 372 stroke but pumps out 452hp on 91 Shell.It,s a 4 speed and I,m just learning.Good Luck with the race!I,d say alittle more pressure in right.What p.s.i are you running?

I run 8 lbs. on both sides

What tire do you run? My Hoosier QTP like about 13 psi, when I tried less than 10 psi I got to experience the "slick dance" at the top end of the track:shock:...NOT fun when you’re going over 120 mph.

hi flyfish I run M/T 31x10.5x15 w drag slicks. on frt I run nexum 165x65rx15 speed rated tires no sway at any spd.

That's a pretty tall tire (I'm on 28x11.5 street slicks)...I bet those were fun to squeeze in. Honestly, I've never tried having one tire with more pressure than the other...sounds like it might help though...give it a shot and let us know how it works for ya. FWIW, I would increase the pressure in one tire to 9 psi, rather than bringing one down in pressure to7 psi.

Good luck with your race.

The stroker should be going a lot faster...lol. SO you have a good shot at him. If it goes right, you can add shock to it if you have adjustables. I dont like staggering air pressure as it's hard on the differential. Also check your front end rise and ride height. You may go faster by raising the nose a little and getting a racing alignment done.

I would never run different pressures in the slicks. There might be some binding going on with something, or the preload is set wrong, hard to say without knowing what you run for suspension. Maybe a bad shock? If everything checks out you could use a rear swaybar, although that's typically for pretty serious cars.

flboatman1: If you run a spooled rear, it shouldn't drift with equal tire pressure. If you run a clutch type rear it could drift because clutches are slipping more on one side than the other. Or it could be a suspension adjustment problem. Like moper said, if you have adjustable shocks add a little shock to it. JMO

I Think What I Will Do In Am Before I Leave At 3:00 Pm. Check Rear Shocks, The Pinon Angle Is At About 3 Degrees. I'll Also Check Frt Camber And Toe . When I Get To Track I Will Make A Run With The Pres Up 1 Lb. In Left Side First, Then Oppt. Side, The Supn Is Racing Multi Leaf With Adjustible Snubber, Springs Were Moved In, The Tall Tires Fit Good And With The Larger Foot Print They Hook Hard, Thanks Guys , I'll Tri To Get Soom Vids Of The Cars Both Are Yellow With Black Stips On Rear, They Won't Know Whoes Who,

duct tape your complete front nose solid, you will gain a tenth......or 2....I use to that track back in 95, 96 there was a blue dart and a guy with an s-10 that ran pretty good......I will see if I have the pics somewhere

-
Back