"Matching" Tach and Oil/H2o Gages

-

chastee1

Reaction score
I have redone my interior to essentially look stock. All black, bench front and rear. Stock steering wheel. The only thing that jumps out is the B&M Quicksilver on the floor. I've hidden an I-Pod hookup in the glove box with the volume control as a little black knob in the ash tray compartment next to the cigarette lighter - so I'll put the AM radio back in for the stock look. I had Redline Gageworks redo my gage cluster with modern tech but a stock look. I'd like to mount a tach on the column in the 10 o'clock position and have two simple gages in a pod below the center of the dash for water and oil.

The thing is I would like the gages to match, as closely as possible, the stock instrument coloring, font, and orange sweeper. Has anyone already done this type of search to find a good "match"? Ideally the tach would have a shift light but not a monster in your face light. I'd also shy away from the 5" tachs and would like to go smaller (3 3/8"). I'll be running a 6AL which should control rev limition and it's a 540 stroker so I'll be shifting before 6K - no need for a 10K tach.

I've checked this one out and I'm not sold - plus i think the sweeper may be red and not orange. Starting to split hairs.

http://www.sunpro.com/product_detail.php?pid=16499

Thoughts?

If that's the same color as what I used (voltmeter) for my ammeter / voltmeter conversion, it IS orange, but perhaps a lot darker shade and of course it would depend on how much yours have faded over the years

(This was not my idea, this thread is where I GOT the idea for mine, and used the same gauge)

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=119480

attachment.php

Thanks guys. I'll check with speedhut and autometer on Monday. I was able to get a call into Redline on Friday and they said for $400 they could match artwork on any gages I gave them. ($400 was an estimate total based on a 3 3/8 tach, 2" water, and 2" oil). I'll check with the other 2 on Monday and will likely just buy a set that is close then decide if it's really worth $400 to perfectly match sometime down the road...

-
Back