Matt Hagan Funny Car Record !!!

-

COdartman

Reaction score
Anybody else blown away by Matt Hagan's run yesterday @ Topeka,KS.All the cars where getting after it until he went 3.862 @ 335.57 in 1000ft. That run rotated the earth and set both ends of the national record. The Mopar funny car was really trucking with all the candles lit! He went 284 mph at halftrack! Looks like Dicky Venables has got a handle on that combination now... Should be fun to watch!

Dave,

Thx for the post !!!
I missed the show (tv) had to help a friend with a breakdown--- bla,bla,
So now what COdartman, Ya think the NHRA is gonna shorten the track to 900 feet??
After all, those 'Racers' MAY hurt themselves !!! (burp).
Not trying to be an *** in My response Sir.

Weather conditions must have been near perfect since 8 or 9 funny cars ran 330+ as well several 3.80s. Also a national record top fuel run of 3.67.

They should lengthn the shutdown area in most of the tracks and go back to 1/4 mile racing..i usually tape every race/qualifying and skip over the fuel cars to watch the prostocks..

I think we will see some more changes coming soon. High on the list would be reducing the rpm's on the mandated rev limiter. The funny cars are currently allowed 700 additional rpm's vs the top fuel cars. I have read where the top fuelers are hitting the limiter within 600 ft even with the gear rules they have in place. Enjoy it while we can!!!

Dave,

Now if we could just do something about Fox Sports 1 absolutely awful coverage we would be getting some where. The only thing they do better is time slot wise. A hi-lite show for 2 hours then an hour of Reif and Tony blabbing about nothing right before the finals.Screw the live show's.NHRA is not conducive to live coverage.

the weather was right on the $$ -hell, Beckman went under 4 every pass except the final.. I hope the weather is decent for Epping!!

Wish they ran Epping in the fall they would set every record if they did...

Sounds like a gang buster weekend! Can't wait for the Nitro Jam nationals up here. Love seeing top fuel cars go!

Lots of records have been set at HPT that's why the teams love it. Glad to see they got it back open for this year's event. My buddy went with his son and got to see all of the action. The weather was perfect.

Lots of records have been set at HPT that's why the teams love it. Glad to see they got it back open for this year's event. My buddy went with his son and got to see all of the action. The weather was perfect.

True..HPT has always been a fast track....Here's hoping the new owner can succeed in keeping it open. Would be a shame to lose another track.

-
Back