Max Lobe Ramp For Solid Flat

-
Sorry if I made things difficult to understand.

Oh I feel so privileged to be posting with the engine God. Geez guy, maybe if you stop being so condescending, you might actually find there are people here who you can actually communicate with. Get over yourself.

Geezzz this went out of whack. LOL Compression is good. OK? Dynamic compression or what ever you want to call it as I don't pay any attention to it unless I'm building something that will be octane limited and want a little backup for what I already feel. I can take a good running engine with say 180 cranking,run it on the track or dyno,recam it,lose 20 pounds cranking and pic up a bunch of power,no big deal,could I make more power with more comp? Yep, but I'd be looking for better fuel. CRANKING,DYNAMIC WTF ever numbers mean very little,but don't go crazy if your octane limited,there are no magic gains by pushing those magic numbers. Cam timing as well as other factors contribute to HP output to a larger degree than what happens at 400rpm on the starter. NO I'm not saying that good cranking numbers don't help drivability and mileage for a good running street car but do not think that that numbers tells the entire story if performance is your goal. Sorry if I made things difficult to understand.

That's what I am saying too. DCR's what I use when I am looking at fuels because it indicates possible issues with too much pressure - and for a person building street engines that is a critical area to pay attention to. Actual cranking psi is simply a number that makes it easier to compare engine packages and results and it's a good diagnostic tool if the performance isn'twhat was expected. As far as a "tell all" indicator - DCR just ain't it.

Hmm.

High compression pressure at any given operating RPM = good performance
high/low compression pressure at cranking RPM = good diagnostic information

However "dynamic" means CONSTANTLY CHANGING

Without than changing camshafts, VE will always dictate DCR.

More volumetric efficiency = more compression pressure = more combustion pressure (torque)

Oh I feel so privileged to be posting with the engine God. Geez guy, maybe if you stop being so condescending, you might actually find there are people here who you can actually communicate with. Get over yourself.
WTF ever that's NOT my intention, but I guess in typing stuff it might not be easy for some to get my meaning . Some get it,some don't no big deal to me as my builds are doing well and being here is not a priority to me. Make sense? guess not.

-
Back