Max Width Of Rear Wheel/tire

-

swinginglow

Reaction score
Im looking to put Cragar V5s on my 73 swinger and i wanna put as much meat on it as possible. Does anyone know the widest tire you can put in the rear wheel well? Also my dart has the stock sunroof option and parts for it are as rare as finding gold! Anyone know a place to find parta for that? Im brand new to this forum and look forward to chatting with all of you!

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard. There's a ton of info here. To get things narrowed down there's a lot more info needed. Has it been mini tubbed, springs moved etc. There's tons of combos listed here
Post your wheel and tire combos.

Stock location probably a 275 with offset shackles. Mini tub I believe a 335 will fit

Stock wheel tub and stock spring locations a 255 is the absolute best you'll do, and that would require perfect backspacing. Some cars wouldn't be able to pull that off without rolling the quarter lip even with everything perfect just because of the body tolerances on these cars and the manufacturers section width variation on the tires. 245's are the better bet, and even that will require careful measurement of your car to get the backspacing right so the wheels are centered in the wells.

1/2" offset springs with stock wheel tubs and you can get a 275 on most cars, again some might need a quarter lip trim/roll and your backspacing will have to very good. With a mini-tub and 3" offset and 335's have been done. But that's a crap load of work.

-
Back