MaxJax... Any reviews

-
A couple of things in the clip bother my. I use to sell and install above ground hoists.
In the video there was some kind of "nut" in the floor. You noticed he only had bolts and washers to secure the columns. Most hoists use Red Head type expanding sleeve anchor bolts. Check the instructions BEFORE you buy ..It should have min. specs for the concrete floor. Thickness, strength, min. distance to joints and or cracks, and age of concrete. Too green and the red heads break the concrete. This brand also requires that the operator must install the "safety leg" in this case it is a round shaft you have to go find and then install. Are there holes for the safety rod at less than max lift?
I am not saying that this unit is unsafe or bad. We are talking major purchase and trusting life and or limb to any lifting device. Do your home work. Compare to other types in same price range. Then look for ones that have the features as some of the big boys.
Mike

Hehehe well it is rated for 7000 lbs I think. The beauty is that it will work in a standard garage, whereas a typical 2 or 4 post lift won't work. I was also considering a scissor type lift, but then again they both have their advantages. Can't win...

I wouldn't pay that for any lift I couldn't walk under. Don't have the room in your shop? How much does it cost to add an awning high enough for a real lift? You can find a full size lift for about 1K less and use the extra thousand for an awning.

You have to do a lot of work before you can use it...
First you need a thick basement out of concrete, for normally it must be 10" thick and have to weight 2x of the load the lifter can handle...
Second, these posts aren't really standalone-posts. They have to be fitted with bolts to the basement. That means you've to integrate these into the basement. As a result you can use the lifter only at this special point, it's not flexible...
Third it works with airprussure. I don't know how it's in the US,but here all lifters must be electrical or hydraulic with special safety features. Airprussre is unsafe to work under a lifted car...

I've had one of these for 3 years now. It saved my neck and back doing the resto on my Dart. Its just high enough that I can sit on a roll around stool and do all the work. I have a low ceiling garage so it was my only choice. I have had my Jeep Liberty, a 69 Barracuda, my 65 Valiant and my 69 Dart on it. The Dart stayed on it for several years while I did all the suspension and underbody work. Pics are on page two of my resto link. It is work installing but then every 2 post lift is. You will need a high quality hammer drill and bits to drill for the lags. There are 5 bolts per post and once that's done just bolt it down. The bolt assy has a swaged sleeve that fits in the hole you use. The bolts are then torqued down once the posts are in place they are very high quality When your done with your work unbolt it and move it to the corner of the garage. My floor is 4 to 6" thick. Never heard of a collapse using one. I have had 4200 pounds on mine so far. The unit is electric over hydraulic and uses automatic transmission fluid. Quick disconnects on all hoses prevent spills when they are disconnected. Best $2K I ever spent. I did purchase some tall stands for each corner as a safety when I work under it. All in all I have been very pleased with it.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=217573&page=2

That looks a little higher than I thought. No reason you couldn't do literally everything under the car on a rolling stool.

You are doing a FANTASTIC job on your car. 3 months since an update? For shame for shame.

-
Back