May have found my next project.

-

Badart

Reaction score
I was driving the back roads this evening and saw this 73 Roadrunner sitting in the weeds next to a hay shed. I stopped and knocked on the door and talked to the owner who bought the car brand new and drove it through high school and then let his kids drive to high school. The car has been parked quite a few years, but does run. He could not give me a price, but told me that if he sold it to me that once restored he would demand to drive the car at least once for old times sake. I said that he could keep it for a couple of days. That's way cool. He wants it to go to a good home because of senimental reasons.

The car is all original, seems solid and everything is there, but there is some cancer in the quarters and starting to get some in the rockers. It has the orginal running 318. What do you think I should offer him for this car. I am thinking $700. Am I too low?

I forgot to get a pic of the front of the car, but the bulge hood is in great shape.

Attachments

• Road Runner.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 664
  • Road Runner2.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 675
  • Road Runner3.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 645
  • Road Runner4.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 649
  • Road Runner engine.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 686
  • Road Runner fender tag.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 650
WTH??? A local car I don't know. Son of a.... If that is really a white car with red stripe and blue interior (I am looking now) then OMG! That will be rare and fairly weird. I would say around a grandish.

Okay, a few things to notice. The build date is awesome! The car was built the same day as the 340 4spd Duster I sold to a member here. Different plant thought. It is in fact a white with red stripe and blue interior. Shocking! I'll admit John, if you get the car it should be a keeper. And you'll be the second owner.

WTH??? A local car I don't know. Son of a.... If that is really a white car with red stripe and blue interior (I am looking now) then OMG! That will be rare and fairly weird. I would say around a grandish.

It's over around Bear Lake. I thought the color combo was weird too. The guy is super cool, but has some serious sentimental value with it. He did say that a few people have asked about it, but he would be interested in selling it to me. He just wants to drive it once it's restored. LOL Oh yeah these are the factory wheels too.

Looks good to me! $1500 at the high end. I think JMac nailed the price on the head. This is a really rare car probably even though its a 318, quite the odd color combo. Sounds like a real cool guy! That car would look sweet restored!

Get it, that is rare. Easily $1500, it has $2,000 worth the parts on it! Nice find

I think it would be a cool car. The color combo could put that down in the one of 10 class

I just hope he hasn't watched to much of the BJ auction

I just hope he hasn't watched to much of the BJ auction

That's funny, because he has no clue as to what it's worth. He asked me and I thought about it for a minute and told him as it sits, maybe a grand, but I would check with you and get back with him. I think that his eyes did light up a little when I told him that. It will need quite a bit of metal work.

By the way it sounds, you will be the new owner, and really what is the $800 difference in price going to get him?? Its probably beyond his capabilities with all due respect to restore. Just think of the look on his face when you let him drive it!! That would be priceless in itself!

lucky dog....I got my eyes on a few different mopars myself.

8)

Thanks for the input everyone. Now I just have to convince the old lady that we need this. :-D

Offer the grand or so for it, and you may get one heck of a score out of it, gotta love them road runners, they almost always look great.

Gotta like that auto shifter knob, that ain't factory is it?

I too have found my next project even though I'm not done with the first one. My boss has a 73charger 68malibuand an international scout that he is giving to me and a few friends I'll be taking the charger they all need a lot of work but no price is better than free

please buy this car and restore it! they are such a cool unique looking car once finished!!!

Well I called the owner tonight and he said that he still wants to talk to his son and see if he wants it first. I am keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't.

If he needs to talk to his son to see if he wants it, then what he really is doing is talking to his son to convince him he wants it.
If any of us were his son, he wouldn't have to check, it wouldn't be there.
I feel bad for him, it sounds like he wants to pass it on but no one in the family wants it.

-
Back