maybe it was just my ground, anything else to check?

-

1969dodgedartgt

Reaction score
Hey,
Today I drove my car about 40 miles, stopped had some food, then stopped again to check some place out. When I then tried to start my car it wouldnt start. It just clicked. I check to make sure I was in park, tried starting it in neutral, same thing, just clicking. So I started to poop my pants and think my starter might have died somehow, then I thought to check my battery. For some reason I decided to pull off my ground from the bat when I check it with the volt meter. The battery was good, I put the ground back on and tried again and it started.

Do you think it was just a bad ground on my bat or should I check something else? Note my ground is not bolted down and I can wiggle it off, but I've never had any problem with it falling off or giving me a bad connection before.

Thanks

Clean battery connections and tighten up.Are you running electronic ignition?What box?Orange?Maybe time for a chrome one?JMO

That main ground is waaaay more important than you might think. Aloose or dirty ground,or a poor condition ground wire can make some really weird **** happen.

"Wiggle it off." No good. CLEAN the terminals and tighten 'em.

-
Back