McCail's V.P.!

-

68 Sedan

Reaction score
Probably should keep blatant politics out of this, but this is kinda big news.

He is picking Sarah Palin, the current Governor of Alaska

risky, and yet possibly a very smart move

225px-Palin1.JPG

She has more experience than Obama. Her husband works in the oil industry. She is a solid conservative. I have heard her name kicked around for the past month or so.

leave it to 68sedan to state the obvious! you dog!!!

don't know if I like the pick...how much/many votes can she pull?

She has more experience than Obama. Her husband works in the oil industry. She is a solid conservative. I have heard her name kicked around for the past month or so.

lol !!! her husband works in the oil industry! wow so does bush, what alot of good that is doing for us!

I would rather her husband work in the oil industry than for Greenpeace. At least oil companies provide us with petrochemicals.

leave it to 68sedan to state the obvious! you dog!!!

don't know if I like the pick...how much/many votes can she pull?
A hell of a lot of pissd-off Democrat women who refuse to vote for Obama.

Hey 68 Sedan, What's with McCail or did you mean McHail ......lol....joking :tongue3:

I said he must want to lose for some reason. I think it is a bad pick.
I can not agree. She is a solid pick that will help him pull away a lot of Democrat votes, especially all of the pissed-off democrat women who supported Hillary and are refusing to support Obama. She has a great middle-class background and appears to be a solid conservative. When gas prices skyrocketed and Alaska's revenue benefitted from it, she gave money back to the people when they most needed it. She has a track record of cutting taxes and resisting corruption and political insider games. I was hoping for Romney but I am very satisfied with Palin. Her speech in Dayton today was fantastic. She probably brings more to the ticket than anyone else he could have picked.

She's only half way through her first term as Gov of Alaska...can't use the argument of experience with Obama anymore.

Sure you can. She is not running for President, McCain is. Not only can they use scores of comments Biden has made about Obama's inexperience but Obama himself said in an interview that he would not run in 2008 because "there was no way he could have anough experience by then".

I can not agree. She is a solid pick that will help him pull away a lot of Democrat votes, especially all of the pissed-off democrat women who supported Hillary and are refusing to support Obama. QUOTE]

What about us hard core conservatives who want a Ronald Reagan conservative? McCain is far from that.

I do agree with you about Romney. That should have been his pick.

I am anxcious to see how the suit to remove Obama from the race turns out. The birth certificate he produced after his mystery vacation to Hawaii is an obvious forgery. The judge (appointed by Clinton) who reviewed the evidence of this and of the other reasons Obama is not legally eligble to run for the office decided they had enough merit for the case to proceed. I wonder if the plaintiff, Phillip Berg, a Hillary supporter and life-long democrat, will be "persuaded" to drop the case or if this is seen as a backdoor way to get Hillary back in the game at any cost.

I just heard an interview with her on the radio that was taken about a year ago or so. I must say, she sounds like a pretty good choice. I guess we need some Alaskan feedback before we jump to any conclusions...

go obama !!!!!!!!!!!!! we need a change !!!!!!!!!! look at the history of our economy, democrat in office economy strong, republican in office economy weak, not just the past 12 years either look at the past 100. Coincidence? I think not! If you have lots of money vote rep. if you dont vote dem. thats the way i see it, but everybody has their own views so i cant fault anybody for what they believe.

I didnt see that coming.
Dont know if its a smart pick but Im sure someone has calculated the probable votes.
My first gut reaction?
Considering McCains age and the odds he can go a full 8 yrs is, I would rather have a strong Conservative woman in charge than either of the Liberals.

I can not agree. She is a solid pick that will help him pull away a lot of Democrat votes, especially all of the pissed-off democrat women who supported Hillary and are refusing to support Obama. QUOTE]

What about us hard core conservatives who want a Ronald Reagan conservative? McCain is far from that.

I do agree with you about Romney. That should have been his pick.
You and me both. I was furious about McCain getting this. I wanted Fred Thompson but Fred didn't really want to be President. She appears to be far more of a conservative than McCain is.

her nickname is Sarah barracuda........from playing high school basketball with broken ankle...

-
Back