Medical marijuana

-
Talk about side affects being worst than the cure.Smoke filled lungs and less brain cells just to ease pain that they make pain killers for.I guess I just don't get it.

Ever been hooked on those pain killers you mentioned???????????

Moe

Good alcohol is harder to make.

Weed is called weed cause it can grow like a weed. Once its legal for years, there be 15 foot tall plants on every block around. Cut some off and it grows back by itself.

Alcohol doesn't grow, it takes work to make. An establish plant will keep growing and growing long as it has water and light.

3 of my 5 closest, life-long friends have been daily MJ users their entire adult life. 2 of the 3 make 6 figures, the third is getting closer to 7. None have been to jail, got a DUI, etc.. At the end of the day they light up, but I have a few beers instead. Maybe I should start since I'm the only one of the bunch who hasn't made over $50k a year.

They would buy from the shops because it's gonna be good weed vs taking a risk or being told that next weeks will be better. It will always be grade A at the shops

You don't need the best, IMO I knew punks that grew weed up here in cold Michigan during the summer, first generation plants and by the fall it was OK weed--no lights, not the best seeds to start with.

Some folks will buy in stores and pay the tax but not all and don't you think tobacco and alcohol sales will drop off--end result is less taxes collect, IMO

Most every drug as they call it was a med back in the day and they shut it down.........Now! they make drugs that will do more harm then good in the long run.
I am surprised vinegar is not outlawed because it works better then anything out there if people just knew........... Folk's!:drinkers: To much of anything is bad for you... Doctors offices included :|
If a good browny makes me feel no pain it is better then a pill the country has put together for us.. JMO, and Yes I am on the list.
All pain pills do is fool you and just as bad for you if not 10 times worse
Happy to hear it is moving forward for another state mayself :glasses7:

Been drinking and I may remove my comment on this thread tomorrow :happy1:. But that would be being someone I am not wouldn't it ??:thumblef:
I can only be me and everyone here that knows me knows I had to have a voice and an opinion that I was asked to answer :glasses7:

3 of my 5 closest, life-long friends have been daily MJ users their entire adult life. 2 of the 3 make 6 figures, the third is getting closer to 7. None have been to jail, got a DUI, etc.. At the end of the day they light up, but I have a few beers instead. Maybe I should start since I'm the only one of the bunch who hasn't made over $50k a year.

Maybe cause of where they live, look at this poor teen

Quote "A DUI is a DUI, doesn't matter whether it's alcohol or marijuana or ******",.........what a bunch of bs, imo

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpps/news/state_news/three-duis,-three-weeks-032712_18853015

Maybe cause of where they live, look at this poor teen

Quote "A DUI is a DUI, doesn't matter whether it's alcohol or marijuana or ******",.........what a bunch of bs, imo

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpps/news/state_news/three-duis,-three-weeks-032712_18853015

I wish my younger sister, who never had a DUI but many drunken auto accidents only smoked weed. But then again, everyone's reaction to a substance is different. I cannot function when high. For me, It's never as fun or interesting as it seems for other people. I get tired, paranoid, and confused. But hell, after a 12 pack of beers I can sit down and do my taxes or be mellow and focused on projects.

I would feel safer sharing the road with high teens over sober ones texting or web surfing.

If weed is legalized then law enforcement will still have to search out the illegal growers and distributors who compete with the government approved industry. The government approved growers and cigarette makers, bakers, etc will have to be inspected for health and quality requirements. Extra taxes will be levied on pot to help pay for education and so on. The cost involved with legalization of pot will only drive the illegal market to higher profits since they could increase their prices to just below the legal stuff.

So let's keep good pot affordable by keeping it illegal!

i say go for it! i used to smoke the **** out of weed. better than trying to sneak sales around and trying hide it and get busted. but over here the cops dont give a ****, trying to bust someone on weed or posession of weed is a BS bust and gets dismissed. not big enough. lol

but who knows what the quality of it is. this government weed could be bammer. LOL... bammer... havent used that word since high school days. lol bammer was the left over, chopped up dry stems, shaken out, bottom of the bag stuff. lol

anyways, thats my take. :) wow, i sound like a stoner.

If weed is legalized then law enforcement will still have to search out the illegal growers and distributors who compete with the government approved industry. The government approved growers and cigarette makers, bakers, etc will have to be inspected for health and quality requirements. Extra taxes will be levied on pot to help pay for education and so on. The cost involved with legalization of pot will only drive the illegal market to higher profits since they could increase their prices to just below the legal stuff.

So let's keep good pot affordable by keeping it illegal!

I disagree because with legal MJ, those large scale growers will have a harder time offloading their product. The poorest of people might want that ditch weed, but most people would gravitate towards the quality stuff that is regulated/controlled.

Look at prohibition, when that dumb law was repealed, did people still get their alcohol from moonshiners?

Personally, i don't really care either way, i just don't want us wasting tax money on sending people to jail for something as pointless as weed. Not only is it proven harmless, but the story of how it became illegal has zero to do with any testing/recognized effects.

On the side of taxation, i think the purposed "tax benefits" over over-estimated. As a Comedian once put it: "You dont have to be smart to grow weed. In fact some of the dumbest people i know can grow weed"

So there will be plenty of people will smelly herb gardens.

im with legalization
i've been to the doctors and they found bone spurs on my c6 and c7 vertabrae the spurs are pressing on my nerves that go to my arms and hands my arms feel like i had nothing better to do the day before but lift 50 lbs dumbbells from the time i woke up till the time i went to bed also my hands are shaky [kinda looks like a alcoholic without booze] this has been going on for months. when my problems first started happening i would smoke pot to relief the pain i was having and it helped and i started to go see my doctor. my doctor has prescribed me loratab 5's, 7.5's, 10's, flexoril, gabapentin, acouple other ones i cant remember there names over the seven months that i have been dealing with this five of the seven months i've been weed free and it sucks. i dont abuse my meds i take it when needed in which is all the time the side effects to these drugs are down right scary damn loratabs are eatin my stomach lining frickin softball size turds from being constipated, my recent prescription is cymbalta and ive weened myself off the loratabs but im still having pain [not as intense] my hands are still shaking the side effects from this cymbalta is scary aswell abdominal pain,yellowing of the eyes, hallucinations, also known to give depression and thoughts of suicide
i havent had all of these side effects yet and im thankful so far only alittle blurred vision and abdominal pain but back to the weed issue i've never had any of those side effects from smokin pot i never had withdraws from not smoking it
hell i even quit smoking cigs from smoking pot

so yes im for legalization of MMJ

as for my c6 and c7 vertabrae the doctors dont want to do surgury but try and ease the pain with these pills and physical therapy i guess its one way to really try out my insurance and lighten my wallet

sorry for the lack of periods and what not

I think it should be legalized, with the same restrictions as beer and alcohol.

i agree.

the entire war on drugs is a total waste of time and money. freaking guys getting more jail time for some pot then guys that murder someone. how stupid is that. make it legal and be done with it. only problem with taxing it is the crooked politicians will steal that money also so it really won't help anything.

I am voting yes to pass it. When I first got out the army I was suffering from PTSD and I smoked a lot of weed to keep a level head but since I have a wife and 3 kids now I use my car as a focus point. Pain pills hurt my stomache no matter if I take them after I eat or with milk or anything so pot would solve that problem too

Im not going to get real deep into this, but one major problem is not quick easy accurate test for law enforcement. You pull over a drunk, you have field sobriety and breath test to determine level of intoxication. You pull over somebody that's smoked dopeyiu can do field sobriety but Theresa no way to tell the level of intoxication. Sure they can do a toxic screen at a hospital but that will just show it in their system, but could be from 4 days ago.

I work for a pharmaceutical company and even though I could get a MMC (medical marijuana card) by going to a quack physician I couldn't use it because my company retains the right to terminate me if I fail a random drug test or have an accident that requires a drug test. Yet, I could go to the same quacks and get a prescription for norco, oxy, vicadin, or any number of high end pain killers and have no problems at work. As long as I have an active prescription, they don't care if I'm high as a kite. Now, I don't use drugs and even abstain from otc meds (ironic since I work for big pharma), but I don't think it's right.

In Michigan they legalized it for medicinal purposes and I know prolly 50 people who have their cards. Maybe 1 or 2 actually benefit from using it. It's not regulated well, and they have since shut down the dispenseries under a small context portion of the law. Yet, I wouldn't mind being able to have a puff or two here or there, just like I don't mind have a few beers every now and then.

This is too funny , i have never seen the word " weed " written more in my life . I have smoked for almost 30 years and i am not a slacker . I can see by the posts that some peoples experience with " weed " is watching " Reefer Madness " . Alchohol and pills are so much worse than " weed " . By the way the weed that people smoke is not easy to grow , the weed known also as hemp grows easy but is useless to smoke .

The fact is, I've never seen somebody ruin their life because of MJ. People don't steal and kill to get a fix of MJ. The crimes that involve it, wouldn't be, if it were legal. When I was in college, I had an awesome Psychology professor. He showed us one of the only unbiased studys done on MJ use. Meaning it wasn't done by NORML or by an anti drug fund... There are only three side effects from use, other than the good feeling. Short term memory loss(obvious one), Paranoia, and Oral Communication. No long term effects what so ever. There were even no effects on an unborn child or the woman who smoked during pregnancy. 95% of anti drug commercials are paid for by pharmaceutical or tobacco companies. Kind of ironic huh. My favorite is the one that says one marijuana cigarette is the equivalent to smoking 5 reg. cigarettes. Really, a plant, with no additives or tobacco with over a hundred added chemicals, ammonia and arsenic just to name a couple, that kills millions of people a year. There is not one documented death because of MJ. I smoked it for years... I don't now cause I have a family but I don't see the problem with it.

Legalize it country wide and tax the hell out of it.... Let the pot heads start picking up some of the tax tab as the rest of us do...

Are you saying people that use medical marijuana don't pay taxes. Its statements like this that bring to light what most people don't understand.

i agree.

The entire war on drugs is a total waste of time and money. Freaking guys getting more jail time for some pot then guys that murder someone. How stupid is that. Make it legal and be done with it. Only problem with taxing it is the crooked politicians will steal that money also so it really won't help anything.

x2

My wife got cancer, and got the card here in mich. To hell with the high dollar pharmaceutical companies she says ($50.00 a pill) . The MM helps with pain, anxiety, sleep, mood, seems to be a wonderful herb, not a drug and you don't have to smoke it. But from what I've seen smoking it is a lot easier on your lungs then cigies. when I took her the the clinic, I sat in the parking lot and watched the dispencery. It was just normal PEOPLE coming and going. Old ladies, buisnessmen, college age kids. I didn't see low life drug addicts or scumbags. Seemed to be a thriving business.

If good pot doesn't grow so easily how come uneducated punks can turn a house in to a grow up ? You need quality seeds to start with and high power lights if indoors

Why don't those punks make homemade booze and sell it for a profit--that isn't so easily done.

I am also for the legalization of weed. I ruptured a disk a few years back and could hardly walk. I started smoking more than anything to escape from the depression and then found out that it helped me escape from the pain. I started smoking a lot, I would come home for lunch and smoke. I will admit that I went overboard and became a total pot head and a pill junkie at the same time. But threw all of that, I worked threw the pain and now have a strong back that gives me trouble very rarely. When I first injured my back, the Dr told me that surgery would be the only way I could function correctly. I went to another Dr. and he said basically the same thing. I had three cortisone shot injections (those F*&KIN HURT) and they didn't help. The pills didn't help. You know what did? Getting baked for a full year. Now I smoke everyonce in a while, but I walk a lot and I do things that my Dr. said I wouldn't be able to do.

Also, I can and have started smoking weed and then decided to quit after daily usage without much of an effect. When I tried to get off of pills (prescription) I would break into cold sweats, throw up, etc... and for weeks feel like ****. That is a BAD life.

Im not going to get real deep into this, but one major problem is not quick easy accurate test for law enforcement. You pull over a drunk, you have field sobriety and breath test to determine level of intoxication. You pull over somebody that's smoked dopeyiu can do field sobriety but Theresa no way to tell the level of intoxication. Sure they can do a toxic screen at a hospital but that will just show it in their system, but could be from 4 days ago.

Yep that is a big problem.

What is needed is a skill test to see who's fit to drive but then you have the daily drunks who blow a .10 and would pass the skill test and some sober folks who flunk

If good pot doesn't grow so easily how come uneducated punks can turn a house in to a grow up ? You need quality seeds to start with and high power lights if indoors

Why don't those punks make homemade booze and sell it for a profit--that isn't so easily done.
The uneducated punks you speak of do not grow weed they live in a trailer in your alley cooking meth .

-
Back