Mediocre

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
MEATY OKRA.jpg

How to cook a mud hen. Marinate in vinegar, lemon juice, soya sauce, maple syrup for 48 hr. Pre heat oven to 375, place brick inside mud hen, bake till brick is soft. Then throw away mud hen and eat brick.

Here in the deep south its oakry. Jerry Clower - Boiled Okra - YouTube
When my granny would cook a pot of colored/speckled lima beans, she would put a few whole pods of fresh oakry on top. Delish!
I've grilled okra too. The inside doesn't get slimy until air hits it so as long as the wooden skewer isn't inserted too far, its good.

How to cook a mud hen. Marinate in vinegar, lemon juice, soya sauce, maple syrup for 48 hr. Pre heat oven to 375, place brick inside mud hen, bake till brick is soft. Then throw away mud hen and eat brick.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fvignette.wikia.nocookie.net%2Fmash%2Fimages%2Fe%2Fe8%2FKlinger-dear_uncle_abdul.jpg

I can eat okra in good gumbo, but I hate boiled okra, go figure!! SLIMY!!!!!
And why do people put celery in gumbo!????

I can eat okra in good gumbo, but I hate boiled okra, go figure!! SLIMY!!!!!
And why do people put celery in gumbo!????
"Including more celery in your diet can also bring a spark back to your sex life. Eating celery can increase the pheromone androsterone, which is a natural aphrodisiac found in male perspiration. Celery also contains chemicals that can help dilate blood vessels, increase sex drive, and enhance climax. "

I want the best climax I can get every single time!!!!!!!!!

Isn’t part of the Trinity, onions, peppers, and celery
Yes' But I an never figure how my wife claims there is any kind of TASTE in celery!!!!
I can live off tomato sandwichs in th summer. Bacon is just an added incentive! When I say tomato, I mean the old fashion acid type, vine ripe, not the BS they sell you at the stores!!!!
Yellow squash!!! Eggplant. It does not take that much area to rasie a lot of green beans, or any type of pea or butter bean. But I was raised on this stuff! Buy your fresh sweet corn at the store!
Small area will raise you greens. Just dig up part of our back yard! You guys do have a back yard!??? :poke:

Little celery in my diet? SOooo that is what ails me !?
I just swallowed 3 tablespoons of that dried celery in her seasoning shelf, I figure I need the concentrate!!!!! You proof will be ya know where!!

Mustards? Yum. Collards, OK. Kale? Something bout kale, not my deal
I will admit to this...mom used to have a secret way to make it palatable

She would boil it in with the potatoes and turn the whole deal into mashed potatoes

I think she also put onions and bacon bits in there

Actually pretty decent

She'd pull the same trick but with carrots
Serve that with some bratwurst and you got a good winter meal

-
Back