Meet Mr. Butterscotch

-
Wow !! Looking Good J I sure enjoy seeing these updates, I try not to post in these cool build threads but I just had to again :thumbsup:

Some more progress. The back window is installed, some of the interior panels are in...just odds and ends. I have a few things that are going out to get plated like the headlight buckets,ash tray, parts of the jack,hood latches.......etc,etc,etc. The seats are going to be sent out for someone else to redo.

0216171018.jpg

0216171024.jpg

0216171010.jpg

0216171007.jpg

Looking good John. When do you think you will get a chance to drive this car?

Looking good John. When do you think you will get a chance to drive this car?
By springtime I hope Kevin.

Kevin,there is a AMC Spirit 4wd down by Cherry Hill Orchards for sale. Is this your boys car?

It is my boys car. It's not for sale. Just parked there because of mechanical issues. It's time for him to step up to the plate and do some work on it. I've done my share......time for him to do some work.

It is my boys car. It's not for sale. Just parked there because of mechanical issues. It's time for him to step up to the plate and do some work on it. I've done my share......time for him to do some work.

Ok. I thought I seen a for sale sign on it. Maybe I'll go down there and load it up and get him in a panick......lol

Not much too report other than my seats are getting recovered by a local guy who's retired from the upholstery business,but still does it on the side. Hopefully they come back withing the next week or so.

Great looking car! Just breezed through your thread. I did read some of the details on your quarter glass...So I take it you just used the original frames. I see AMD on the glass. Who was the seal kit from. that's the only glass seal I did not do on mine. Used one of my original assemblies and one I got from another member. Looks like somebody put them together for you, do you know how the hinge at front of glass is done (does the seal kit include that)? I may be pulling my interior again at some point to change color on plastic parts including sail panals. That would be the time to do the quarter glass.
I'm just across the river from you. Hopefully get to meet you and Mr. Butterscotch sometime soon!

Great looking car! Just breezed through your thread. I did read some of the details on your quarter glass...So I take it you just used the original frames. I see AMD on the glass. Who was the seal kit from. that's the only glass seal I did not do on mine. Used one of my original assemblies and one I got from another member. Looks like somebody put them together for you, do you know how the hinge at front of glass is done (does the seal kit include that)? I may be pulling my interior again at some point to change color on plastic parts including sail panals. That would be the time to do the quarter glass.
I'm just across the river from you. Hopefully get to meet you and Mr. Butterscotch sometime soon!

The car in your avatar looks familiar? Where you at the Sigel open house last month?
Actually I got the weatherstripping(big black rubber one's) from another member on here and Sigel got the the seal kit and did the work on quarter glass.

The car in your avatar looks familiar? Where you at the Sigel open house last month?
Actually I got the weatherstripping(big black rubber one's) from another member on here and Sigel got the the seal kit and did the work on quarter glass.
No, was not there. I just got it on the road recently. Not painted yet, but had it in show at York tech a few weeks ago.

Well it's been a very, very long time since I posted anything about my car and I really have nothing to say. It's kind of a long and depressing story but a few years ago my shop guy downsized from his bigger shop he was at to back at working out of his parents smaller shop/pole building were he originally started out at. So when everything moved out of the bigger shop, he stored my car in his parents attached garage for the time being. So recently he was getting grief from his parents about storing the cars in their garage since the shop was full of other things. So this shop is only big enough to really work on one car at a time now. So to keep his parents happy, he asked if I can store my car temporary till he can get around to finishing it.....so I agreed and glad it's here. It was a dirty pig and last weekend I gave it a decent washing without washing the interior since the windshield and back window aren't in. Now I gotta clean all the dust out the interior since the windows were all open and no front and rear windows which make's me upset though. All I can do is make the best out of it and keep moving forward.
IMG_7734 (2).JPG
IMG_7736 (2).JPG
IMG_7737 (2).JPG
IMG_7735 (2).JPG

Glad to see your post John. I was wondering if things were progressing on the Demon. Sory to hear about your delays. Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

Glad to see your post John. I was wondering if things were progressing on the Demon. Sory to hear about your delays. Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.
Thanks Kevin. I was hoping things would start progressing forward again until I washed the car and seen some things I don't like now, which may require the car getting repainted.

Looks mighty good in the pics! Get it driving to enjoy it after all the years you worked on it. You can paint it down the road!! Too nice not to enjoy!!

Looks mighty good in the pics! Get it driving to enjoy it after all the years you worked on it. You can paint it down the road!! Too nice not to enjoy!!
Yeah it looks nice in the pictures and a 10 feet away....lol! I like your plan of just get it together and enjoy it for now which may happen.

Love the painted wheels & dog dishes. I've seen Mopar folks take the Ford cue and add trim rings. Photoshop that once & see how you like it.

5 year update. Car looks amazing. Most of the hard work looks to be done. I rather deal with some dust then scratches or dings and dents from storage.

5 year update. Car looks amazing. Most of the hard work looks to be done. I rather deal with some dust then scratches or dings and dents from storage.
Yep a 5 year update and really nothing to update about......stay tuned for the next 5 year update.....lol! I say most of the hard work is done and just needs maybe a dozen things done yet. Even with the issues I see on it....I still love it. It's just one sharp color combination that I have not yet seen another one like it.

-
Back