Meet Natalie

-

Pawned

N.R.A. Lifetime Member - And damn proud of it
Reaction score
I am not sure I am doing this correctly. I tried to upload pix of my 1971 Duster, her name is Natalie

My name is Ed. I am in Scottsdale, AZ - Where cars do not rust

More later

Attachments

• Duster Port.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 401
  • Duster Interior Starboard.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 421
  • Duster Starboard Aft.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 416
  • Duster Starboard.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 415
  • My 71 Duster unbroke.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 397
The brown one at the bottom was/is my first car in high school. It was a slant 6 -- 3 on the tree. I do not know what happened to it

Where cars do not rust . They just melt! LOL! I am a little jealous, living here in the rust belt. Nice duster, and welcome! Stay cool my fried.​

The guy I bought it from basically put lipstick and mascara on her. She looks good until you look close.
I got it as a project for myself. There are a few things that I can not do, One is body work and paint, The other is upholstery. So this is a great car for me.
I have started tearing into her. She is missing much of her inners. Much of her is jury-rigged to get her running. Breaks are terrible and A/C the same. I will be redoing the cooling system and fuel tank first.
She does run, but will drive better when I put her shoes and socks back on her

:newb:

She matches the fender plate with a couple changes. She had a vinyl top and a bench seat with pull down arm rest. I will be checking to see if the numbers match, real soon

Welcome aboard!! Beauty car!! I was never a fan of that style of grill, but with the black/gold it looks great!!
By the way....all cars rust up here...

I do not know if it is appropriate to ask this here, but here goes. I am wondering if I spent too much on this car. At first I thought it was a good price, but now seeing that all the mechanicals need work, Is/was $7,000 a good price? USD?

I went to see if the car has matching numbers. I can not find a s/n on the engine block, but the s/n on the xmission was a match

Your Duster looks a lot like mine...Nice car!

Attachments

• dus whel 002.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 214
  • duster.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 200
Welcome from Texas....nice looking car. If the paint, body and interior are all nice you could barely get all of those done for what you paid. (not to mention rust repair)

Welcome from Texas....nice looking car. If the paint, body and interior are all nice you could barely get all of those done for what you paid. (not to mention rust repair)

She was built in California and it appears that it has spent its entire 'life' in the Yuma Arizona area. there is no rust on it and the frame is straight

She's a beauty. Nice to have good solid car that needs mechanical. You can get her on the road a lot faster. Have fun!

-
Back