Mega's just another 1969 BB Dart build.

-

megajoltman

Time to NUT UP or SHUT UP
Reaction score
Well here goes bought this car quite a few years ago, and now there's no turning back:prayer:

1969 Dodge Dart 318/904/7 1/4 a 20 footer at best.

69dart7-1.jpg

69dart2.jpg

69dart5.jpg

Looks pretty good to me. What are your plans for it?

Can you tell me more about the trans? Looks like a cool unit. Whats all done with the mill? Looks like a nice set up!:burnout:

Is it really a stock stroke 383 or is that what you're wantin everybody to believe? Nice lookin project.

The 727 mirrors John Copes ProRace tranny using his CRT-22X Reverse manual valve body 155+psi with low band apply, L/R Billet Servo Kit and 4.2 billet 2nd gear lever.

Also used Alto Red Eagle racing clutches, Kolene steels, Thicker band strut, Red lined bands, Teflon rings, Rear billet servo, 5 pinon steel spline planetary, 4 rear planet and a aluminum deep pan & billet filter extension.

The Stall is custom built, steel stator convertor with a billet cover.

Finally ! Sounds like a great combo,should haul the mail!

Looks solid! Oh man can I ever sympathise about moving stuff around,lol. Cramped 12 x24 concrete coffin of cold...brrr

I like how you sleeved the front of the connector.This realy stiffens the connection up!

This has been a long ongoing project so don't think I did this all overnight lol.

Anyways frame connectors were in and everying else has been striped out except the side glass so a car dolly was built and off it goes to my buddys place for body work.

Since you guys had so much fun with this, here is one of the pics again:violent1:

IMG00190-20110720-1844.jpg

Here's were the magic happens :happy1:

My friend Gary has been a bodyman/painter for over 25 years and it took me two years to talk him in to taking my car on :cheers:

Before pics

rogers001.jpg

rogers003.jpg

rogers004.jpg

Nice work on frame beefing up looks sweet and i lived closer i would be over there huging you TC that just looks sweet .Nice nice job..

Oh Crap Here We Go.....

rogers008.jpg

rogers012.jpg

rogers013.jpg

And at this point we started finding out how not so solid this car was, PO must have bought 5 gallons buckets of bondo on sale:-k, also it was nice of him to put metal filings/iron ? in the bondo so a magnet stuck well......

So I said screw it stopped the project and sent the car to the crusher the end......

Yes its a stock stroke :D

Built this before Stroker Kits became so affordable and abundant its just a little mild 389 CID....

Man, you're my hero. Stroker this, stroker that. Glad to see somebody doin sumffin old school. I bet it hauls ***.

All in all it looks pretty solid. Look forward to seeing the finished car and maybe at the track next year.

Attachments

• P7110057.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 3,198
-
Back