Mega's just another 1969 BB Dart build.

-
Well been sick for about two weeks so most of my holidays are a bust to work on this car. Felt decent today so went to the shop with the front fenders and did the final fit for the front end so it’s ready to be welded. Took some updated pics of the engine also since it stopped raining.

039.jpg

040.jpg

031.jpg

Got a few PMs asking about the engine specs so here goes, this was an older build before the stroker stuff became so much more available and cheaper. Sure not going to set the world on fire with it but it should be fun and I have another bullet waiting in the wings so….

389 CID stock balanced steel crank, decked, line bored, balanced and blueprinted block. Speed Pro 11.00:1 Forged pistons on (new) stock reworked rods.

906 fully ported heads 2.14-inch intake and 1.81-inch exhaust, one-piece stainless steel valves with hardened seats and 1.5 ratio crane gold roller rockers.

Ported edelbrock torker intake manifold with 1” open spacer

1000 CFM modified holley double pumper carb

Milodon oiling system

1 7/8 Hooker fender well headers

Engle hydraulic cam IN 517 EX 517 AD 288* CL 344” D@50 236 LC 107

Best Dyno run 467.3 CBT Lb-Ft @ 4700 457.4 CBHP # 5700

Oh and that's a modified ferd distributor to run with my old MSD 6A

Can I borrow the pick axe? I promise to wash the blood off...

Well could not seem to find a mint PS fender so started to fix mine instead.

Attachments

• work 001.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 902
  • work 002.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 906
  • work 003.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 892
  • work 004.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 887
Man this front end is not lining up easy, a lot of time fiddling with it.

Nice 3 different color paint jobs...
IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

Looking good Roger! Steady at it,your getting the job done.:cheers:

Thanks didn't think anyone was following this build anymore, hard to be unique with so many cool Darts that have been built over the years lol

Hey no prob! I get the same feeling whenever I post to my build thread,lol. Is there anyone out there? lol..

It's hard to compete against a megadollar build for attention. Neither of us are going that route! Heck at least your getting it done!

My hat's off to you. A lot of hard work. I don't think most people realize how much work is involved in restoring a car. I've learning that now, amid the rust and undercoating, dirt and grease. Good job.

Today welded up most of the holes on the inner fenders, ground them down and skimmed them over. Camera battery was dead so I used my shitty blackberry..

IMG-20120218-00122.jpg

IMG-20120218-00121.jpg

Used the left overs on the tubs

IMG-20120218-00126.jpg

IMG-20120218-00124.jpg

awsome job i know the trials and errors that occur with these builds so im doing the same thing with my dart but a little different direction. Cudos to you for tackling a job that big. keep the pics coming and ill do the same with mine as it progresses.Cant wait to see your finished project.

Yup nothing but trial fit after trial fit. Put it together,pull it apart,lol. It get's dizzying sometimes dont it?

You got that right guys, this is my first unibody build down to the bare bones lol sure not as easy as the full frame trucks I have done.

Hey megajolt! Good idea to increase the amount of spot or plug weld's holding the front end together. Double em if you can.Should increase the strength somewhat.

I am curious about the modded ford dist. What is it and what are the mods? Why did you choose it?

There quite a bit welded now so no worries I hope.

Um lets see sitting around the shop add booze + race engine builder + machinist + me and one rebuilt OEM duraspark unit lol

Years ago the engine builder bet the machinist if he followed his design they could get it to run on my engine with the MSD box. They both owned there own shops so there pride was on the line, well it worked but its ugly as sin.

I have a new MSD distributor waiting on the shelf patiently now.

-
Back