Member "issue"

-
Well, I am not supporting the seller, BUT, I have experienced what he is claiming. I tried to cash a MO at the local PO and they couldn't do it. SO I went to my bank and they put a hold on it. I honestly don't remember the length of time.

That said, it almost sounds to me like the seller decided after he could not get the PO to cash it, "HA HA!, you ain't gettin the high pressure lines!" as retaliation that he couldn't get it cashed quickly.

Either way, that's bad business. If the high pressure lines should come with the part, they should be included. If not, that should have been in the ad, plain as day.

You either need all the parts you thought you were getting or a 100% refund. That's how I see it.

Well, I am not supporting the seller, BUT, I have experienced what he is claiming. I tried to cash a MO at the local PO and they couldn't do it. SO I went to my bank and they put a hold on it. I honestly don't remember the length of time.

That said, it almost sounds to me like the seller decided after he could not get the PO to cash it, "HA HA!, you ain't gettin the high pressure lines!" as retaliation that he couldn't get it cashed quickly.

Either way, that's bad business. If the high pressure lines should come with the part, they should be included. If not, that should have been in the ad, plain as day.

You either need all the parts you thought you were getting or a 100% refund. That's how I see it.
i agree. Might try calling the post master of the area you sent it too as well, let them know what's going on and since it was done with money order, it falls under post master general's area.

Yep- this is not getting better. If he sent a pic with the "complete system" then by all means he should man up with the "complete system". And I agree with duke boy. You both agreed but so far you are the only one to act on it. Gotta be someone in that area.

If the high pressure lines should come with the part, they should be included. If not, that should have been in the ad, plain as day.

who said anything about an ad?
(my FABO search didn't bring one up)

it sounds like an off the side deal, where members had some communication and it just came up in conversation that it was for sale...and never officially "marketed" as such

like I said before, if there was no clear ad, i would expect the hoses to be included ONLY if they came with the unit, in the box
if the didn't, i wouldn't expect them to be included

kind of like buying a set of mag wheels that require different lugnuts, i always ASK if the are included, and if they aren't, i use that as a bargaining chip on the price

as for a full refund
IF the seller is backing out of the deal, he should offer a full refund, one stamp, and the cost of the money order...at least that's what i would do

Ad, agreement, conversation......what the hell ever............

it sounds like an off the side deal, where members had some communication and it just came up in conversation that it was for sale...and never officially "marketed" as such

like I said before, if there was no clear ad, i would expect the hoses to be included ONLY if they came with the unit, in the box

kind of like buying a set of mag wheels that require different lugnuts, i always ASK if the are included, and if they aren't, i use that as a bargaining chip on the price

as for a full refund
IF the seller is backing out of the deal, he should offer a full refund, one stamp, and the cost of the money order...at least that's what i would do

as for a full refund

if the hoses were pictured and the item being sold as a kit, it's a mute point as to whether they came with it originally or not. Irregardless, the seller is 100% at fault here. He either needs to man up and ship it, or refund. If not, time to call the PO. The thing is, dont let this drag out, because there is a time limit as far as the actions the post master can take, i think it's something like 30 days from the original money order date or something like that.

Ad, agreement, conversation......what the hell ever............

my point is, if there is an ad, we could go back and look at it and KNOW what the seller was selling, or at least, what was implied in the sale
this does not seem to be the case, and that might be where part of the confusion came from

if the hoses were pictured and the item being sold as a kit, it's a mute point as to whether they came with it originally or not.

i might be missing it, but i didn't see any mention of pictures
to the best of my knowledge, the buyer bought this sight unseen
in post 22 the buyer mentioned that the hoses "came with it" but with it being sight unseen, who knows?

(and this could all be because i have no idea what a command center is, maybe this is clear as day to the rest of yall)

EDIT:
i just googled fitech command center, and this is a quote from their website:
"The FiTech Fuel Command Center Assembly is mounted in your engine compartment. It can also be mounted anywhere on the vehicle's chassis if necessary. The conventional fuel line that originally went to your carburetor is connected to the "IN" port of the Fuel Command Center. A supplied high pressure hose is plumbed from the Command Center to the inlet port on your EFI throttle body."

if the seller said "complete" then the hoses should come with it

either way, ive only heard one side of the story so far...and i don't even know if i heard all if it

I gave BOTH scenarios, yet you chose to focus on only one. Did you vote for Obama twice? I wonder if you can wait to vote for Hillary?

my point is, if there is an ad, we could go back and look at it and KNOW what the seller was selling, or at least, what was implied in the sale
this does not seem to be the case, and that might be where part of the confusion came from

i might be missing it, but i didn't see any mention of pictures
to the best of my knowledge, the buyer bought this sight unseen
in post 22 the buyer mentioned that the hoses "came with it" but with it being sight unseen, who knows?

(and this could all be because i have no idea what a command center is, maybe this is clear as day to the rest of yall)

EDIT:
i just googled fitech command center, and this is a quote from their website:
"The FiTech Fuel Command Center Assembly is mounted in your engine compartment. It can also be mounted anywhere on the vehicle's chassis if necessary. The conventional fuel line that originally went to your carburetor is connected to the "IN" port of the Fuel Command Center. A supplied high pressure hose is plumbed from the Command Center to the inlet port on your EFI throttle body."

if the seller said "complete" then the hoses should come with it

either way, ive only heard one side of the story so far...and i don't even know if i heard all if it

I gave BOTH scenarios, yet you chose to focus on only one. Did you vote for Obama twice? I wonder if you can wait to vote for Hillary?
i am honestly confused on what are arguing here

the seller should have been clear what was, and was not included, but when he said "complete" that gives the buyer a reasonable expectation that he gets what would have been in the box if he had bought it new

my main point was that by this being an "off-site" deal, without and ad, it makes it hard for us as a third party to see what was really said
no papertrail so to speak

We made the deal on the 3rd of this month, he had the money order in hand on the 11th, but says he tried to cash it at post office 1 time but they didnt have enough in the drawer. Oh and by the way, your not getting the high pressure hoses that came with it either. Then he says he doesnt have time to go to the post office anymore, and his bank said to deposit it and wait 10 days. Then he tells me its gonna be a even longer wait, and that he will send my money back, and so I say yeah, do that, and now I am a "F" buyer. I have used money orders for probally 30 years and this is the first time I have had anyone act like this.
Just reading up until this post makes me think he is a turd who got a better offer on the parts after the fact and is now screwing you over. Don't you have his address? Go pay him a visit.

I apreciate the feedback guys. There was no "ad".... he mentioned in a thread that he had a week old unit that he wanted to sell, and I PMed him when I saw it and asked about it. I was assured it was like new, still had box, instructions, and all. Only after we agreed on price and I allready sent the money order did he inform me it didnt include hoses. If he would have said that UP FRONT, I would have passed right then and there. I dont think hes trying to screw me over, I think he just doesnt want to deal with a money order. Or he thinks its fake. But if that was the case, he should have said so up front, and delt with someone else. I probally wouldnt have even had a issue if he would have comunicated a little better, but saying I am a "F" buyer really pissed me off.

How does it come when you buy it new? With or without the hoses? That should clear up the hose issue right there.

How does it come when you buy it new? With or without the hoses? That should clear up the hose issue right there.
With, although he claims he didnt get hoses with it. Should have mentioned that before.........not AFTER i sent the money....

With, although he claims he didnt get hoses with it. Should have mentioned that before.........not AFTER i sent the money....

I wasn't talking about how HE got it. But how it would have come had YOU bought it from a retailer like Summit for instance. Either way, why would he have use for hoses without the main part? Doesn't make much sense.

Regardless of the hoses, you should have a 100% refund.

...can't someone at least accuse me of masterminding this?
I'm waiting for page three or four where the buyer mentions how you saw this thread, went through your stash and found a similar unit, brand new in box and send it to him to make him feel better (free of charge of course) and thereby arise as the night in shining armor

but that probably wont happen until page four

I apreciate the feedback guys. There was no "ad".... he mentioned in a thread that he had a week old unit that he wanted to sell, and I PMed him when I saw it and asked about it. I was assured it was like new, still had box, instructions, and all. Only after we agreed on price and I allready sent the money order did he inform me it didnt include hoses. If he would have said that UP FRONT, I would have passed right then and there. I dont think hes trying to screw me over, I think he just doesnt want to deal with a money order. Or he thinks its fake. But if that was the case, he should have said so up front, and delt with someone else. I probally wouldnt have even had a issue if he would have comunicated a little better, but saying I am a "F" buyer really pissed me off.
Can we know who it is now?

...can't someone at least accuse me of masterminding this?
Let's leave that situation out of this one. For the sake of the OP. I don't disagree with you, but let's not get that going again ;)

-
Back